Curb Alert !!!

I do like the stainless frame and cabinetry very much. I still like the 1st generation Summit better. It was a unique approach from when Weber was still the real deal.. At least 20+ pounds of 304 stainless on those shelves and cabinet side/back:
Does anyone know if:
The new 2024 Weber Summits are 304 SS
Is it just the frame that is SS or the walls/full cabinet too?

So $4000 and still going to be a rustbucket in five years? Sure, sign me up.
I don't think the newest version will be any more a rust bucket than the new Genesis models. The fire box is now cast aluminum, it has a VERY good IR rotisserie burner system. Honestly other than being about $3k over priced it looks like a pretty nice grill IMO

I don't think the newest version will be any more a rust bucket than the new Genesis models. The fire box is now cast aluminum, it has a VERY good IR rotisserie burner system. Honestly other than being about $3k over priced it looks like a pretty nice grill IMO
It does look nice, just not a good value at that price point as you mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, I still stop and look at the new ones. There's still that part of me that would like to just buy a new one, but I've gotten pretty good at saying no to that guy.😄
Same here.

They had quite a variety. Full line of BGE, several rectec, a bunch of Traeger, several Genesis and sprit. A token kettle and maybe a performer.

no WSKs and no WSMs on display

20240601_114434.jpg

Yeah, quite honestly. Head to head when I have seen them. The Napoleon IMO shows up Weber on about every line. Weber has to stop trading on it's "name" and start bringing more value back to the fold. At, $2500-say $2900 that Summit would blow most anything out of the water. Hell, even at $3200. There is a lot of good innovation there, they've fixed the worst of it's quality shortcomings, reduced model confusion as well. There is a lot to like there except the price. But it's that way with everything they sell then.

Yeah, quite honestly. Head to head when I have seen them. The Napoleon IMO shows up Weber on about every line. Weber has to stop trading on it's "name" and start bringing more value back to the fold. At, $2500-say $2900 that Summit would blow most anything out of the water. Hell, even at $3200. There is a lot of good innovation there, they've fixed the worst of it's quality shortcomings, reduced model confusion as well. There is a lot to like there except the price. But it's that way with everything they sell then.
Totally agree LMichaels.
Pretty bad when the Canadians (Napoleon & Broil King) are showing up the Americans (Weber) when it comes to BBQs.
My friend told me that Onward Manufacturing used to be the Canadian supplier of Weber parts. They are the parent company and parts supplier to Napoleon and/or Broil King IIRC. They dropped Weber due to quality control & pricing issues apparently. Not sure what that actually means in reality. Not sure where the Canadian Weber parts come from now *shrug*

IDK about Onward doing anything for Weber. But, Weber just needs to get back to offering a solidly engineered and bult product at a price structure that doesn't alienate customers. Also all this 10, 15, 20+ year warranty stuff is BS. They simply get out of it (the warranty) by not making replacement parts past say 5 years or so. So that warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on. They proved that to me with the Summit. I would rather see a SOLID say 7 year all inclusive and stand behind it with actual parts support.

Back