Curb Alert !!!

Totally agree LMichaels.
Pretty bad when the Canadians (Napoleon & Broil King) are showing up the Americans (Weber) when it comes to BBQs.
My friend told me that Onward Manufacturing used to be the Canadian supplier of Weber parts. They are the parent company and parts supplier to Napoleon and/or Broil King IIRC. They dropped Weber due to quality control & pricing issues apparently. Not sure what that actually means in reality. Not sure where the Canadian Weber parts come from now *shrug*
We do manufacture more than just maple syrup and hockey players in the frozen tundra for what it's worth Broil King gas grills are also manufactured in North American factories located in Huntington Indiana, Dickson Tennessee and Waterloo Ontario and The Napoleon Grill is manufactured at two locations in North America: Ontario, Canada, and Kentucky, USA.

Last edited:
Not a gasser but look what turned up on Craig's list FREE!! I'm guessing that it's 50's, maybe (or early 60's) It's got the steel handles and the flat vent tab. Look at that straight slot ash pan!! Sadly, I missed it. The guy said it's gone. Hope someone here got it.

Attachments

• old blue kettle.jpg
    old blue kettle.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 13
  • old blue kettle 2.jpg
    old blue kettle 2.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 15
They were making those handles for sure in the 70s was when I bought my 1st and only brand new kettle. I ended up giving it away to a friend of my wife's before we moved out of the city (Chicago) to Woodstock IL. Just didn't care to drag it out there

Danny, the Genesis 1000 cook box will fit in the frame just fine. But, it is about 3/4" too wide which makes the igniter holder too close to the cook box. So, that piece needs to be moved to the right about 3/4". Then the right side top table needs to be narrowed down by about that same amount. The cross members on the bottom need to be fabbed in.

20210820_140035.jpg

Danny, the Genesis 1000 cook box will fit in the frame just fine. But, it is about 3/4" too wide which makes the igniter holder too close to the cook box. So, that piece needs to be moved to the right about 3/4". Then the right side top table needs to be narrowed down by about that same amount. The cross members on the bottom need to be fabbed in.

View attachment 92714

Thanls for the the explanation Bruce.

Im sure you have tried it all. I guess i dont understand why they would deviate from the 2000-5000 frame just for 3/4 of an inch. I woild think they would have saved a ton of money using the same design. I understand changing things but for something that minor, nobody would ever notice the difference except you Bruce !

Well, it was likely a cost saving move. The cook box is a lot smaller on the Silver/Gold/Platinum B grills. Not cooking grate size, but it is much shallower. Then they save by using 5 flavorizer bars instead of 13. I think the probably could have made the cook box on the Silver B the same width as the 1000 grills, but they didn't for some reason. But, you are right, the frames themselves are not all that different. And to address one of your other questions, I do not know if the tables, either top or swing tables are the same size or not. I have wondered that several times, but never got around to checking it out.

Well, it was likely a cost saving move. The cook box is a lot smaller on the Silver/Gold/Platinum B grills. Not cooking grate size, but it is much shallower. Then they save by using 5 flavorizer bars instead of 13. I think the probably could have made the cook box on the Silver B the same width as the 1000 grills, but they didn't for some reason. But, you are right, the frames themselves are not all that different. And to address one of your other questions, I do not know if the tables, either top or swing tables are the same size or not. I have wondered that several times, but never got around to checking it out.

Im assuming if you had to move out that crossbar for the igniter 3/4 of an inch then the side table would be short on the right side facing. Unless the total width of the frame is bigger?

I asked the question because I thought that if i found that stainless frame I could drop all my 3000 parts in it and have a frame that would never rust.

Back