Creekstone Farms Brisket prime

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
Here we are a few hours in with our prime brisket. Color looks guud. Temp was @ 145-150 range. Gotta ways to go.
OOdbuG2.jpg

5iK4lQ5.jpg

Through the miracle of time we hit 160 & wrapped in paper then foil around the paper to speed up the BBQ.
u02baYV.jpg

11 hours later we hit 198 & pulled the brisket off the Hasty Bake.
iPxv0Gr.jpg

Sliced off the point, juices are everywhere. And holy smoke ring! As you can see.
uvuOwCt.jpg

The wife made home made buns & I piled the brisket on. So tender & guud.
QRTDwfi.jpg

I used a couple chunks of cherry & mostly pecan on this cook. A note on pecan wood, I like it more all the time that I use it.
More mild than hickory & a wonderful smell as it cooks.
Thanks for looking at my BBQ cookin'. We will be having briskey leftover tomorrow. Going to be guud.

Out of the shipping box and into the smoke! Mouth watering cook Russ. Pecan is my favorite smoke wood. Great looking smoke ring. That’s something that eludes me. I’d be happy with a smoke “blush”. :D

Russ, that has got to be one of the very best briskets I've laid eyes on. Outstanding!

That looks amazing! What rub did you use?

Thanks, I used Black & Gold All Purpose Rub from Fruita Woods & Fogo the rub charcoal seasoning.
black & Gold is a homemade run from Fruita Woods. Very good we use it a lot. The Fogo I got free with a bag of Charcoal.
Its a black rub much like Hardcore Black or Tatonka Dust, if you have used either of these brands.

Fantastic cook! I guess it goes without saying that you'd order from Creekstone again. Been wanting to order one myself and have considered Snake River Farms for several different cuts. You've inspired me to go ahead and have one sent in from either of the farms. Great work!

Back