Cowboy Steak

Harrison Patrick

TVWBB Member
The Mrs says “baby, I need some fruit”. While making my fruit run I managed to find this.....
A74B4B8E-438B-4C3C-9CD7-D84DCD296EB5.jpeg
A little more than 3lbs and 2 inches thick, this can take some heavy seasoning, steak rub, s-n-p, garlic powder and onion powder.
AA7D41F8-9C19-4930-8953-78A1B1B8B6DA.jpeg
Fired up the Weber Performer 22.5 to a screaming hot 600 degrees for direct grilling on both sides before moving to indirect zone until reaching desired temperature of 137 degrees.
96886B6C-3387-4FD6-B8ED-A700B8B08705.jpeg
0042D2E5-C0C6-4470-8335-59E61228AB10.jpeg
27 minutes later, it was time to pull, let rest for another 20 minutes, then served.
AD415D1F-78C4-4877-BAAA-C6861A8824D2.jpeg
This was left for day 2.....79A02D05-2935-401B-AEA8-92491210A020.jpeg

Fantastic looking "steak", Harrison! Hopefully you didn't forget to bring home the fruit, too! :) One question, who got to gnaw on that bone?
Thank you for the compliment!! And yes, I did bring home the fruit. Coming home without it, certainly not an option right???😆😆 As far as the bone goes, we both cleaned ALL the meat off, clean as a whistle! This was some good eating.

Harrison,
That is a great cook, I keep trying to figure out that prefect temp where is still red that I like, but that my family doesn't think is too red. I did a TT and pulled at 135 amazing and when I cut the last big rib eye roast it was reading 139 and a touch over, but the family loved both. I love the color/doneness on yours.
When I run to the store for one item I always check the meat section, my wife doesn't even care, but my 11 year old (chef in training) is allows checking and alarming the family of what I secretly scored. I just got back from the store and got a whole chicken quartered for $2 and she was on it. What you making with that dad, when are you cooking it, how much is this not an sale, why this over a whole chicken. At this point my wife say yeah what's that for?

Harrison,
That is a great cook, I keep trying to figure out that prefect temp where is still red that I like, but that my family doesn't think is too red. I did a TT and pulled at 135 amazing and when I cut the last big rib eye roast it was reading 139 and a touch over, but the family loved both. I love the color/doneness on yours.
When I run to the store for one item I always check the meat section, my wife doesn't even care, but my 11 year old (chef in training) is allows checking and alarming the family of what I secretly scored. I just got back from the store and got a whole chicken quartered for $2 and she was on it. What you making with that dad, when are you cooking it, how much is this not an sale, why this over a whole chicken. At this point my wife say yeah what's that for?
I know right, my daughter is always “telling on dad” with every opportunity she gets! For me, 135-140 seems to be very consistent with steaks. Color and doneness has been spot on in this range but resting it for 10-20 minutes is critical since the residual heat will continue to “cook” after pulling.

Back