COVID 19 vaccine

The CDC committee just prioritized the list again moving up seniors and people with high pre-existing conditions. We'll see how this plays out politically in the individual state plans.

Sign me up for a shot after the more needy receive there's ,police,hospitals,fireman,people 70 plus.
Then I will be next in line .

I'm going to be getting it as soon as I can. As others have said, there are others who need it before me (health care workers, etc.) but as soon as I'm able I'll be getting it.

I'm up for it!
I understand that I'll probably be among the last to get one, but I'll still get it
I had the flu exactly once, and get my flu vaccine every single year now!
And with the COVID being worse in a lot of cases, yeah, no brainer there!

Yeah, let me know when it's my turn. My wife should get it before I do, with all her underlying health conditions, but even with the vaccine we have a long way to go yet to get past this pandemic. And the vaccine is not 100% effective, which means that some poor souls are still going to contract the disease despite being vaccinated.

As for the anti-vaxxers, they'll come around once they realize that not getting the vaccine is preventing them from doing what they want.

You wanna go on a cruise ship? Show us your vaccination card. You wanna travel outside the US? Show us your vaccination card, etc.

As for the anti-vaxxers, they'll come around once they realize that not getting the vaccine is preventing them from doing what they want.

You wanna go on a cruise ship? Show us your vaccination card. You wanna travel outside the US? Show us your vaccination card, etc.
You know it used to be like that years ago. If you were gonna travel to Europe you had to show you had all your "shots" to go. We went through a long cycle of not knowing or caring. As for the comparison to flu shots. We gotta remember there are MANY viruses that are lumped into being called "flu virus". So they have to guess which virus will make it's appearance. No the case with Covid 19. Now we're hearing of a "mutation" in the UK but listening to a well known Dr on morning talk radio today indicating the medical profession is confident the new vaccines will be effective there as well

My wife is a PCU nurse that works with Covid positive patients. She just got her first dose this past friday. No side effects, maybe a sore arm. She has had coronavirus though and presumably so have I. We had to quarantine back in November. She has to get a 2nd dose in 3 weeks.

My wife is a PCU nurse that works with Covid positive patients. She just got her first dose this past friday. No side effects, maybe a sore arm. She has had coronavirus though and presumably so have I. We had to quarantine back in November. She has to get a 2nd dose in 3 weeks.
Please pass on my heart felt thanks to your wife for all she and her colleagues are doing. They are true heroes.

You know it used to be like that years ago. If you were gonna travel to Europe you had to show you had all your "shots" to go. We went through a long cycle of not knowing or caring. As for the comparison to flu shots. We gotta remember there are MANY viruses that are lumped into being called "flu virus". So they have to guess which virus will make it's appearance. No the case with Covid 19. Now we're hearing of a "mutation" in the UK but listening to a well known Dr on morning talk radio today indicating the medical profession is confident the new vaccines will be effective there as well
True. That's the whole thing with the flu vaccine. They have to make their best guess as to what flu strains will be the most prevalent for the upcoming flu season and they have to do this 6 months in advance since that is how long it takes to make the updated version of the vaccine, and if they guess wrong (or another flu strain surfaces during that time) then the vaccine isn't real effective.

The good news with the Covid vaccine is that if they do need to upgrade the current one's in a year or so to give folks additional protection against this mutation in the UK, it's easier to upgrade the mRNA vaccines than it is with the flu vaccine.

Back