CostCo Salmon with ??? Rub

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
My wife made up some butternut squash soup today, and I decided to add a protein to the menu (to satisfy the kids, as well as my need for a bit more than veggie soup.) So, I picked up a side of salmon (farmed) at CostCo. While rummaging through the spice cupboard, I found an unlabelled rub in a shaker jar. Looked good, tasted good (a bit on the sweet side), so I decided to use some of it. Turned out great, and, if memory serves, I think this was a beta version of Dizzy Pig's Pineapple Head. Anyway, two-zone set up, six minutes per side with a 20 second sear at the end for some grill marks. Everyone was happy with their salmon, the soup was great, and the Oscar's are on.

Salmon Trimmed (the "pinwheel" is the belly trim):

photo.JPG

Salmon On:

photo.JPG

Ring the dinner bell!!!

photo.JPG

Thanks for looking. Q-on!

Rich

I'm thinking that the next time I shop Costco I'll get some of that wild salmon and try it on the OTG. Yours (talking to the O.P.) looks fantastic!

Dale53

Thanks, all, for the nice comments!

Robert, if there had been wild salmon at CostCo yesterday, I would have done that for sure. I much prefer the flavor of wild salmon, but it's either been hard to find this year (and in recent years), or is ridiculously priced!! So, if your CostCo has it, do it!

Rich

Back