Costco Genesis II E335 is back

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Saw this at Costco yesterday

1699294203544.jpeg

1699294222740.jpeg

I guess grills for Xmas is a gift thing. Maybe a California thing due to year round grilling here?

IIRC, this is the same model Costco sold this spring. Guess it sold well enough to bring er through again.

Also present was a decent Blackstone flattop display.

If it's not windy and there is no precipitation falling (no ice and snow on the deck) I'll do outside even into the 10's and teens. Wind and precip are my 2 "verbotens" to outside cookery, unless of course I am using the "garage queen" then it's no matter. As long as I feel like moving a car outta the way, I am there.

That's a good grill at a good price. But you may be able to find it a little cheaper right now. Weber seems to be blowing out their inventory.

I wonder what the build date is on the sticker. Last year the build date was March 9, 2023 for a grill in the store on March 28, 2023

I wonder what the build date is on the sticker. Last year the build date was March 9, 2023 for a grill in the store on March 28, 2023
i'll do a double sleuth on my next visit. im assuming this is a costco special and Weber is making a specific run and its prepaid in exchange for "costco special" pricing. volume over advertising and shipping. costco knows how to move products. they have one of the highest yields per sq ft of retail space.

I got my SE-335 a few years ago and it has been wonderful. I have the full size griddle for it which is really good.

I'm not sure what the griddle craze is all about because I never thought a griddle would be a useful addition to my grill. I'm glad that I'm fad resistant.
Steve, I use a lodge cast iron rectangular griddle that I can sit on top of the cooking surface. It works for breakfast stuff and sandwiches. It covers about a third of the grill surface and allows the lid the close. To me that checks the griddle box. I don’t think a Blackstone type dedicated griddle would enhance my outdoor cooking experience all that much since I have limited space and only a few customers.

The Webers finally showed up in Wisconsin. The Spirit has been there for a few weeks, but this is the first time in 2024 that I've seen the 3-burner and 4-burner Genesis II.

Genesis II E-335: $800 (Made in USA)
1707969935137.png
1707969979743.png

Genesis II S-435: $1,200 (Made in China)
1707970055406.png
1707970112704.png

Spirit EX-315: $550 (Made in China)
1707970181262.png

Weirdly, you can see the date on the old sticker underneath with a 11/27/23 date, and then a new sticker over the top that says 2/5/24:
1707970233878.png

I'm still not in the market for one, but these would be tempting. If last year is any indication and my memory is correct, the Genesis II's will drop $100-$200 at some point. I'd have to reference back to a similar thread from last year to be sure.

I saw them as well. Reminds me of something GM does/did. Back when the Chevy Impala went through the restyle turning it from a what looked like a turd with wheels into something attractive and then the following year they did the same to the Malibu.
For whatever reason (either they could not sell the turdmobiles or they still wanted loss leader vehicles), they continued to produce and sell (only to rental companies) the turd Impala and Malibu and they differentiated them by calling them "Impala Classic" and "Malibu Classic".
So when we got customers who were so excited to be getting brand new versions of these cars to try out and the turd mobiles were brought up by the porter the sadness was incredible. Some even canceling their rental on the spot :D
Looks like weber is pulling a GM
FWIW, the new versions were still the same turds they always were just "prettier" turds :D

Back