Cookout

WOW! It looks like you are going to have a lot of fun!
Most people would think it's a lot of work (which it is), but it looks like a blast to me!
Good luck!

Kemper, you are amazing to try something like this. I wish you all the luck in the world, I know you can do it. Hope to see some pics on this one.

I am making 5 Gallons of BBQ Sauce Today. Pulled Pork Sauce for the Shredded/Pulled Pork, Carolina Mustard Sauce for Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Mild BBQ Sauce, Spicy BBQ Sauce ( my favorite ) & 1 other Sauce that's not hot

- - - Updated - - -

Lookin good Pitmaster :)

Just remember to be very careful with the food safety. One of my dad's friends, his wife died from a bad Chinese meal several years ago.

A cousin's wife (RIP) used to love to feed everyone & it was delicious, but I knew she didn't observe the basic practices I thought important so I'd skip sometimes... no one ever got sick from her food.

I'm sure you have it handled - we're rooting for you.

Wow, this is one heck of a cook. Good luck and try to have some fun with it.

Clint is spot on. If you have a lot of hot/warm meat, don't throw it all in the fridge thinking that it will cook down and be fine. Crash cool it in an ice bath, then into the fridge.

"Ice bath?" That would seem to me to screw up all the time taken to get things crusted! Have a very nearly empty freezer or a few cooler with dry ice covered with a towel to drop temp quickly would make more sense to me but, I'm no professional.
What is the head count for the feast and, can I come!?
Heck, I'll do dishes!!

"Ice bath?" That would seem to me to screw up all the time taken to get things crusted! Have a very nearly empty freezer or a few cooler with dry ice covered with a towel to drop temp quickly would make more sense to me but, I'm no professional.
What is the head count for the feast and, can I come!?
Heck, I'll do dishes!!

Kind of figured that putting product into a bag before icing down didn't need to be said, but maybe I was wrong about that ?:cool:

Yeah, having a nearly empty freezer or a pile of dry ice would work, but I don't know many people who have either.

But, just for others who might stumble across and read this exchange, if you have 50 or so LBs of pulled pork that is done early and needs to be cooled, don't just throw it in your half full fridge or freezer. Bag it in workable portions and crash cool in an ice bath. Then put it in your fridge. Same thing for brisket and ribs.

I wish I was closer, I'd lend you my 22" wsm. With all of the prior pics you posted, this meal is gonna turn out fabulous!!

OT: I use the ice bath for my 8 quart stockpot for soups (stockpot goes in the side of the sink, surrounded with ice & water), & I've do the same thing with my beer chiller..... fairly similar but not...

I had a warm water thaw....where my baby backs were frozen solid, the fire started, so I thew the cryovacced rack in the warmish water & they were perfectly defrosted... just 30 minutes.

I hope we don't hijack your thread

Back