Cooking on Someone Else's Grill

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I picked up a pack of lamb chops at Costco on Saturday and put them in a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, rosemary and S&P yesterday morning. Slight change of plans and we ended up going to my parents' house for dinner last night, so I threw the protein in a cooler and brought it with us. Mom and Dad handled sides, and I cooked the chops and some chicken that I had soaking in a similar marinade. I ended up doing the grilling and it was the first time I actually used the BGE. I was impressed with how quickly it responds to vent adjustments. All in all, a great meal, and fun cook. No action shots, but here are the few pics I did snap.

tempImage8hPJvz.jpg

tempImagenrZGgR.jpg

tempImageybMd1s.jpg

Nice cook Jim. I hear you about expensive beef. Frys had chuck steak on sale for $6.99lb, just had to pass on that one.

I cooked on somebody else's gas grill once at a kids pool party perhaps five years ago. I was the only guy there so figuring out the grilling turned into my responsibility. The homeowner bought expensive brand name pre-made hamburger patties and I remember she was impressed that I cooked them with some pink in the center.

Back