Controversial Combos: what are yours?

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
The recent hot dog and ketchup discussion has me wondering what are the other Controversial Combos that others enjoy.

Please post yours.

Give a Thumbs up (y) if you also enjoy a combo posted below.

Give an Angry :mad: or Sad :confused:if you would never go there.

Last edited:
The main Jewish food controversy is always applesauce or sour cream on latkes. Other than that, my dating days questions were Coke or Pepsi and Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip. I was raised in a family that was a sour cream on latkes family, but I now don’t mind applesauce with latkes. Other than that, it’s definitely Pepsi and mayonnaise.

In 1981 I moved to the north side of Chicago.

That was the first time I heard of the concept of mustard on a hamburger.

Still scratching my head over that one.

And calling carbonated beverages “ pop” instead of “soda”.

And a lot of other things.

I loved living there.

Great city

When I was really young, I would walk over to my grandparents apartment a few blocks away.

My grandfather always had a quart glass bottle of Coca Cola in the refrigerator.

Every once and a while he would make me a coke and milk- a drink with equal parts of each.

I don’t know if it was his private invention, but I have never heard of it again- it was really good.

Carbonated beverages weren’t allowed in my house growing up.

Bananas sliced in half lengthwise, cut side smeared with peanut butter, Miracle Whip and sprinkled with crushed peanuts. 1960s Central Illinois.

In 1981 I moved to the north side of Chicago.

That was the first time I heard of the concept of mustard on a hamburger.

Still scratching my head over that one.

And calling carbonated beverages “ pop” instead of “soda”.

And a lot of other things.

I loved living there.

Great city
Yes, we call it pop here. I don't think mustard on a hamburger is a Chicago thing though. I mean, McDonald's puts mustard on their hamburger and cheeseburger and they serve them that way all over the country.

When I was really young, I would walk over to my grandparents apartment a few blocks away.

My grandfather always had a quart glass bottle of Coca Cola in the refrigerator.

Every once and a while he would make me a coke and milk- a drink with equal parts of each.

I don’t know if it was his private invention, but I have never heard of it again- it was really good.

Carbonated beverages weren’t allowed in my house growing up.
Laverne on Laverne and Shirley used to make milk coke.

Back