Competition Tri-Tip

Steve Whiting

TVWBB All-Star
A couple of weekends ago I did a Rib and Tri-Tip comp at a local winery here in California. We have done this event the last two years and it is the only competition we usually do. We are caterers, not competitors but this one is for charity so we like to participate. There were 25 teams including us. Many of the teams do this every weekend so we were not expecting anything other then to have a fun time.
well out of 25 teams we came in 9th in ribs and 6th in Tri-Tip for an overall of 9th place.

Our Camp
20160611_085348.jpg

Trimmed Tri Tip
Raw_TT.jpg

Tri Tip Turn In Box
20160611_121037.jpg

The Tri-Tip looks great!
I haven't a clue regarding competitions, methinks the "plate" would be much better with sides. :p
Anyway... congrats!

Congrats on your placement! That is awesome! Nice smoke ring on that tri tip, I bet it was very tasty and deserve 1st place!!!!

TriTip looks great! Congrats on the competition. I'm going to have to start getting out to some of these comps. Love the Lodi wine region! Some great Zinfandel down there. I bet that Zin paired great with that tritip.

9th overall out of 25 teams is very impressive Steve. So is that Tri Tip. I checked out your website. Loved the line in the third paragraph of your Welcome..."The thrill, other then creating mouth-watering Barbecue, is being outdoors and cooking under the moonlight in the dead silence of the night while the rest of the world sleeps." Those middle of the night cooks are my favorite too.

Wow if I could make TT like that I'd go for some comps too. Really great looking TT Steve. Conngrats on the 9th place that's excellent.

TriTip looks great! Congrats on the competition. I'm going to have to start getting out to some of these comps. Love the Lodi wine region! Some great Zinfandel down there. I bet that Zin paired great with that tritip.
Yes Ken the Zin paired very well with the Tri Tip. I really like that winery.

9th overall out of 25 teams is very impressive Steve. So is that Tri Tip. I checked out your website. Loved the line in the third paragraph of your Welcome..."The thrill, other then creating mouth-watering Barbecue, is being outdoors and cooking under the moonlight in the dead silence of the night while the rest of the world sleeps." Those middle of the night cooks are my favorite too.

Thanks Cliff. Glad you also get the enjoyment of cooking in the middle of the night. It is so peaceful and allows me to get deep into my thoughts and ideas, mostly about Barbecue of course. LOL

Back