Coho walking the plank

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Got the El Cheapo started with a load of Royal Oak and some Apple wood, some Coho done with some Wegmans Basting Oil, a pinch of Sea Salt and some fresh ground Black Pepper. A smidge of lemon zest and a light dusting of brown sugar and Thyme.
On the coals

DSC_0584_zpseaa5d4ec.jpg

You know where I will be when the sun goes down, cocktail in hand

DSC_0585_zps59c138b5.jpg

Done with the planks still steaming away

DSC_0586_zpsc8151740.jpg

Plated with some fresh from the CEO's garden, some Cannelli Bean and Kale ravioli with a light drizzle of the CEO's home made tomato sauce. Which by the way will cause you to smile uncontrollably.

Your plate, enjoy
DSC_0587_zpsc12b8b96.jpg

Last edited:
Look's VERY good, Bill!

Fish on the plank is about as good as it gets. I have had excellent results with Wild Alaskan Salmon, Wild Steelhead, and Wild Cod. As you can see, I highly favor "Wild" in the equation. On the other hand, if "Wild" is not available in your area, you can do "almost" as well with farm raised. However, "Wild" has the best flavor, color, and is better for you.

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?43267-Cod-Filets-on-a-Plank

Dale53

I agree Robert and my preference is for wild Lake Trout I catch myself here. I find the flavor is better on the wild but I buy based on what is available and what gives me the best meal for the best price.
Have not grilled Cod yet, as soon as I find some that is next.
The absolute best I ever had is wild Brook Trout, I think they have the best taste of all. Have not gone fishing up north for them for years but that is going to change soon.

Thanks for the compliments Guys, much appreciated. The ravioli's were a snap purchase at Costco, thought the combo sounded great and if you can get them do it they are great. They are fresh not frozen type.

Back