Classic Genesis model ID assist?

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Hey Genesis lovers! Anyone got some help for me on a model ID for this Redhead?? Free, and local, but I'm not familiar with the setup on the right hand side (I'm sure that piece of wood is not original, but it appears to have an older style condiment tray perhaps?

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 15-04-55 Join Nextdoor an app for neighborhoods where you can get loc...png

Yep, old Genesis 1 but maybe not. Because IIRC the 1 did have flip up table, and that one looks like it never had one

The red one first posted has newer style wheels.
You're right, I noticed that too and tried to zoom in on the tank scale to see what side of the frame the pointer is on. I don't see one in the picture though. All other clues point to it being a Genesis 1. Edit: I looked again and the pointer is on the right side of the frame as it should be on a Genesis 1.

could it be a Spirit 900 ?

1689029678435.png

could it be a Spirit 900 ?

View attachment 74474
They do look very similar, but that Spirit doesn't have a right side condiment basket like the Genesis 1 does.

Nice !

What are your plans for it? keep or flip ?
You know what the funny thing is? This is the first day where I haven't had a long list of things to do, and what do I do with my free time??? Well, ok, not really a mystery, I guess! :ROFLMAO:

My sister asked me pre-Covid, and before my back made me take an 18 month detour, if I would put together a grill for her. She has limited space on her balcony, and it's just her, so this little Genesis will fit in just right. It's in GREAT shape, so it'll just be mostly a bit of beautification, add some of the stainless grates I have hanging around, get some wood sanded/stained, and then off to sis' place.

Now, all I need to do is carve out the time to do it! :)

R

Back