Cigars *****

Durr can't believe I didnt even think about throwing this out there...

Check out Drew Estates Kentucky Fire Cured Cigars, they might still be hard to find but they sure do sound like a tasty stick.

"a three-size cigar line whose blend, which has yet to be finalized, will contain some American tobaccos normally used for dry and moist snuff that have been fired cured over hickory, maple and oak woods—an uncommon method for the premium sector."

"Curing tobacco via flame is an interesting process. Unlike air-cured tobacco, fire-cured tobacco is hung in large barns over smouldering fires of varying woods for a time ranging between three days to ten weeks. This method not only browns the tobacco, but also infuses it with a smoky quality."

Ok Tony there are so many cigars brands that you can go crazy trying to figure out what to try. What one person might like you may not. Your best bet is to go http://www.cigarbid.com/ or http://www.cigarsinternational.com/ get a couple of samples of cigars. But the Cigar Bid site can be a dangerous site and before you know it you have enough cigars to last you for who knows how long.

Check out the site Jeff posted and remember another I enjoyed… La Gloria Cubana http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1720207/La-Gloria-Cubana-Glorias-En-Cedro-Tubos-Box-of-7/

George Burns lived to be 100, and smoked 10 to 15 cigars a day for 70 years.
Isn't grilled food supposed to be bad for you?
Lots of risks out there, and as adults, we decide the ones we want to take.

Tony I could not have said it any better..life is short..enjoy in moderation..check out Bev Mo..close to you and they have some good selections..

Tony I could not have said it any better..life is short..enjoy in moderation..check out Bev Mo..close to you and they have some good selections..

I went to total wines and more and walked in to their humidor and saw all the cigars. I haven't gone to bev mo but will check them out. They are closer to me. But with all the suggestions it will help.

Tony, PM me if you want to talk cigars in more detail. Great non cuban cigars can be found in the Oliva line. Get an Oliva V something (I like the thin lancero) and try it. Diet coke goes well with it.

BTW, bbq, fights, cigars, boxing...perfection.

Again thank you everyone for the great advice and comments.

To the person who rated my thread two stars or the lowest they could I aways assumed there was no dumb or stupid question that we could ask in this forum. By rating this thread like that you take away the possibility of other members checking on my thread and looking at it. I understand the consequences of smoking.

Many of us and enjoy adult beverages and nobody says a damn thing about that or how we should stop drinking. And I bet lots of you guys have a few drinks at a restaurant and drive home and we all know that's bad. I'm guilty of it and I know the consequences.

This is like a second family to me I've met a lot of you guys some of you guys even have my personal cell phone number. I spend a lot of time here and if I don't agree with somebody's thread I just don't comment or put any negative comments. I have received plenty of care packages from you guys and that shows me that this is a great community that without knowing me or my family you guys go out of your way to send me stuff. And for that I thank you....you know who you are :)

Have a great weekend everybody I'm not mad just a little disappointed.

Tony I just gave it a five star. Even if I didn't like the subject I would respect it.
Guess I'm at the bottom with you since I like an occasional cigar. Oh well. ;)

Tony I just gave it a five star. Even if I didn't like the subject I would respect it.
Guess I'm at the bottom with you since I like an occasional cigar. Oh well. ;)
I gave it five too, once I figured out how to do the star thing :rolleyes:
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

clint-eastwood-Cigar-Celebrity.jpg

Tony! I Dont think anyone post negative stuff couse of HATE!...i think they post it becouse of LOVE! Im one of those that have been smoking Cigg´s since i was 16....Now im 32 and been clean for 140days.(in a row and counting) But i still use my "snus". Witch is a nicotine subb. If you can hold it to a "onceeverynowandthen" Cool. Daily/a few times daily...My vote is NO! And heck i drink more then most of ya..And who im i to lecture. Stay safe brother!

I have been smoking cigars for close to 10 years. My limit is one per day and my doctor knows this and he has no problem with it since all my numbers are good. I also smoke a small cigar, my preferred smoke is a Punch London Club it’s only 5x40 smaller that you average corona. My point is it’s not just how many because one larger cigar could last as long as two of mine.

Another big consideration is cost, I really want to avoid an expensive habit and to boot I live in a state with a very high tax on cigars. A box of 25 Punch London Clubs costs about 85 dollars here where that exact same box in Virginia is about 40 dollars. Luckily my job sends me to Washington DC quite often so I load up on cigars when I’m there. A 50 dollar a month habit is not going to bankrupt me, but there are some very expensive sticks out there. Boxes costing north of 200 dollars are common.

Well said Tony!

To the person who rated my thread two stars or the lowest they could I aways assumed there was no dumb or stupid question that we could ask in this forum. By rating this thread like that you take away the possibility of other members checking on my thread and looking at it. I understand the consequences of smoking.

Many of us and enjoy adult beverages and nobody says a damn thing about that or how we should stop drinking. And I bet lots of you guys have a few drinks at a restaurant and drive home and we all know that's bad. I'm guilty of it and I know the consequences.

This is like a second family to me I've met a lot of you guys some of you guys even have my personal cell phone number. I spend a lot of time here and if I don't agree with somebody's thread I just don't comment or put any negative comments. I have received plenty of care packages from you guys and that shows me that this is a great community that without knowing me or my family you guys go out of your way to send me stuff. And for that I thank you....you know who you are :)

Have a great weekend everybody I'm not mad just a little disappointed.

If you are going to keep cigars for any sort of time you might want to look into a humidor. I picked up a small wood one for less that 50 bucks a few years back. Besides keeping your stogies fresh they are also cool looking. I like the Vegas 5 brand and the Drew estate acid cigars.

Agree with this. A humidor IS cool looking and I enjoy having one around. Plus the little "tending to" bi-weekly to keep the humidity in check lets the wife think I know what the hell I'm doing. lol Drew Estate is my choice of cigar, but it's on the sweeter side of life. Lots of cigar connoisseurs would hate it, but their smoke it too rough for me. :)

When I went to rate the thread, it was at a 4 star rating. Naturally, I tossed my 5 star on top of that. :)

I have received plenty of care packages from you guys and that shows me that this is a great community that without knowing me or my family you guys go out of your way to send me stuff. And for that I thank you....

Cigars, just like BBQ'ing, is a hobby. Eating red meat ain't too healthy either, but we all do it. I'm a non-smoker, but got into the cigar hobby. Granted I haven't burned but maybe 2 cigars in the past 6 months though. But, nicer weather is around the corner and a weekly stogie ain't gunna kill me any quicker than the red meat & carcinogens from the grill.

Tony - to your last point.... Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll ship ya one of my everyday-go-to cigars. :D

Wolgast, check out the www.whyquit.com site - I found that the first night when I was on oh I don't know, my 10th quit. I started at 18, quit at 35.

Basically you're not doing yourself a favor by reducing your intake of nicotine - the addiction is all or nothing, & it never completely goes away.

& Tony, I rated it a 1 star. No offense, I like most of your posts but I was even looking for ways to hide this thread.

I have a personal problem with Nicotine. If people want to smoke in my back yard, that's fine. In my car - no. I won't let people vape in my house. That sh!t had me by the balls, hopefully it doesn't get you. My neighbor was just over last night, she said she has 2 cigs a day - 1 when she gets home from work, and one before bed. Still bad, but not as bad as I was I'm sure.

Sooooo you have a problem with nicotine and automatically take it out on Tony's thread br giving is a 1 star rating??? That's pretty dick-ish, don't ya think?

Could have just ignored the thread and moved on.... But oh no, that's not the American way anymore. Someone doesn't like something, then it MUSt be changed/removed...

But, no offense.

images

With all due respect chad: Suck a fat "Cigar".

the rating of one star means I don't like it. 5 stars means I like it.

Does that make sense to you?

I don't like the thread. I don't think smoking cigars is a hobby. I think it's a habit.

Last edited:
Ah yes, nice video. Real mature there Skippy. Esclate straight to violence.

So you don't like the thread. Ok. W.T.F. did you think the content was going to contain when it's posted in the Other Discussion section, Just Conversation, and titled Cigars???

I repeat --- Could have just ignored the thread and moved on....

Now excuse me while I go back to my HABIT of smoking 2 cigars in the past 6 months and my HOBBY of smoking meat countless times per week....
Eye_rolling_smiley.gif

This is like a second family to me ........I spend a lot of time here and if I don't agree with somebody's thread I just don't comment or put any negative comments.

I'm not mad just a little disappointed.

Tony , this reminds me so much of a few months ago when the Red Sox were in the World Series and I posted what I thought was a very neutral thread wishing everyone the best of luck. Most everyone was very cordial and I was enjoying the feeling of good sportsmanship and then one person accused a Red Sox pitcher of cheating (which was BS)and a few others jumped on the bandwagon ...... but I couldn't have been more surprised if I had been at a party and some casual acquaintance had walked up to me and spit right in my face.

I know that tobacco use is a somewhat emotional subject for people , but you know what? So is baseball. And plenty of other stuff. I'm just saying I know that feeling of disappointment , and what I learned from that experience is that I don't bring up baseball (or Boston sports for that matter) on this forum , and that's sad to me.

Back