Cigars *****

Chad you know i love you...But you told Clint to ignore this thread couse it was not in his liking. YOU cant ignore his post,but feel an urde to respond.(couse you dont like it) This will snowball/ketchup into something thats not wanted.

Pls STOP both of ya. From now on we stick to the THREAD...Right?...?

We are all friends here...If it doesent fit ya hit dat ignore button. OK?

Of course I responded ---- after adding useful information to the OP. The THREAD does indeed interest me and one that I'll follow to the bitter end. Including replies to and about the thread itself.

If someone were to post a thread, say for Shrimp Salsa, and I don't care for shellfish --- would it be ok if I stated so in the thread and gave it a rating of Terrible? Or just clicked the back button and moved on to a different thread. Which one seems like the mature & appropriate answer? Clearly, that answer isn't as obvious to everyone as you'd like to think it is...

hqdefault.jpg

Keep it up and you'll be the first to go here:

I think this could very well be the absolute dumbest thread I've read in my nearly 25 years on the internet. I hated smoking and couldn't stop. I tried so many times, tried Nicotine replacement therapy. I've watched several of my friends quit. I only have a few who still smoke.

For those that smoke, that's your choice, that's fine, but to want to get into it as a hobby? Maybe it'll get into YOU for a hobby. You just might be that guy who turns into a 2-pack a day smoker.

WTH for?

My hobbies: skiing, hiking, running, biking, beer brewing, inventing, electronics, thrill seeking, Reef Aquariums, cooking, smoking, learning to cook new things..... sucking smoke down your troat? Nah, that's not helping you, anyone around you, or your wallet.

A few minutes after dingleberry started poking my meat a few friends came over. He wanted to smoke in my shop (I used to smoke inside the house, shop, everywhere I could).... No, back yard I says.

10167920_10201783979743117_8871334846706994005_n.jpg

2 things Tony, I think you can find a better more productive and interesting hobby, and I think it's a little lame if you were really offended that not everyone would like your post.

Your first post set the tone "I don't smoke I'm looking to get into smoking as a hobby". I can't encourage that. Change the thread to "best cigars" and I'm not affected in the least. Watching someone getting started??? I can't help but discourage....I always do.

What I can endorse is this: www.whyquit.com (center column, Joel's Library), it's a vast resource.

Last edited:
Bwhahahaha,,,, this couldn't happen fast enough.....
But yet, look who keeps coming back to a thread he wanted to hide....

Maybe Tony should start a thread on less opinionated topics. Like firearms, religion, or politics. lol

10001408_10201783983943222_6367952899674910973_n.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Keep it up and you'll be the first to go here:

I think this could very well be the absolute dumbest thread I've read in my nearly 25 years on the internet. I hated smoking and couldn't stop. I tried so many times, tried Nicotine replacement therapy. I've watched several of my friends quit. I only have a few who still smoke.

For those that smoke, that's your choice, that's fine, but to want to get into it as a hobby? Maybe it'll get into YOU for a hobby. You just might be that guy who turns into a 2-pack a day smoker.

WTH for?

My hobbies: skiing, hiking, running, biking, beer brewing, inventing, electronics, thrill seeking, Reef Aquariums, cooking, smoking, learning to cook new things..... sucking smoke down your troat? Nah, that's not helping you, anyone around you, or your wallet.

A few minutes after dingleberry started poking my meat a few friends came over. He wanted to smoke in my shop (I used to smoke inside the house, shop, everywhere I could).... No, back yard I says.

10167920_10201783979743117_8871334846706994005_n.jpg

2 things Tony, I think you can find a better more productive and interesting hobby, and I think it's a little lame if you were really offended that not everyone would like your post.

Your first post set the tone "I don't smoke I'm looking to get into smoking as a hobby". I can't encourage that. Change the thread to "best cigars" and I'm not affected in the least. Watching someone getting started??? I can't help but discourage....I always do.

What I can endorse is this: www.whyquit.com (center column, Joel's Library), it's a vast resource.

Thank you for your comment Clint.

I'm happy you will remember this post for as long time since it's the "dumbest thread you have seen in 25 yrs." hopefully you will never see something a dumb as this. :)

Sir I was not offended that not everyone "like my thread" but the fact that someone couldn't help themselves in going out of their way to discourage others not see and consider looking at the thread due to rating.

Have a good day and please don't reply to this thread anymore. It has gotten out of hand thanks to me.

For those of you that gave me suggestions. We are getting an Arturo Fuentes today. Hopefully I will report back how it went.

My apologies Chris.

Last edited:
First you say....

that's your choice, that's fine, but to want to get into it as a hobby? Maybe it'll get into YOU for a hobby. You just might be that guy who turns into a....

And then...

My hobbies: skiing, hiking, running, biking, beer brewing, inventing, electronics, thrill seeking, Reef Aquariums, cooking, smoking, learning to cook new things.....

Beer brewing (and assuming consumption) is your hobby, so that's perfectly acceptable?!? Yeah, because no one has had any negative encounters with alcohol and surely it can't be addictive. Drinking isn't a hobby, it's a habit. Oh wait, unless your name is Clint. I guess since you don't have an alcohol addiction (maybe?) it's ok, but since YOU had a tobacco addiction, then everyone else does also. Nothing like laying a double-standard all in the same thread...

And another thing... If you're going to proclaim your hatred for smoking, you might wanna phrase your hobbie list differently. lmao

Regards,
Dingleberry

You're not very bright, are you chad.

Dim_Bulb1.jpg

I wouldn't advise anyone start drinking either.

Ok peace out people:)
I'm not proud of it but I'm a smoker ( been one most of my life ) My two youngest Son's 28 & 24 don't smoke cigs and never have, but they do light up a cigar 1 or 2 times a month and I don't see a problem with that if they enjoy it.
They are adults, and they have to make there own choice IMO.

Tim

The issue here is not whether we are going to smoke or not. The issue here is whether we are going to call each other names in public while we discuss the issue. This forum is usually very civil , but I see some bad behavior here today.

I received a request from Tony to close or delete this thread. I'm not going to do either. I understand smoking is a serious topic and can generate strong feelings and opinions. Members should express their opinions respectfully and without attacking others.

We pride ourselves here at TVWBB on friendly conversation. Anyone with second thoughts about what they've posted can edit or delete their own replies. Moving forward, let's keep this thread civil.

Thanks,
Chris

I received a request from Tony to close or delete this thread. I'm not going to do either. I understand smoking is a serious topic and can generate strong feelings and opinions. Members should express their opinions respectfully and without attacking others.

We pride ourselves here at TVWBB on friendly conversation. Anyone with second thoughts about what they've posted can edit or delete their own replies. Moving forward, let's keep this thread civil.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris.

You heard the man. Let's be respectful.

So does anyone enjoy a good pipe smoke?:)

Tim

I prefer a bubbler :)

When I used to trade a lot, things would sometimes get heated on the boards. We'd try to avoid ad hominem attacks (attacking the person not the idea), and straw man attacks (position someone in a certain light & then thrash the straw man).

I will apologize for not being better behaved, and maybe for being so opinionated, and maybe for not avoiding the topic altogether. I am glad to have pointed Wolgast to the whyquit site, hope he can read it.

I'm still learning and I still make a lot of mistakes in everything I do (that's a good thing IMO).

One thing I've been working on for the last week or so is trying to diffuse the occasional dispute with humor - I definitely failed that here.

I prefer a bubbler :)

When I used to trade a lot, things would sometimes get heated on the boards. We'd try to avoid ad hominem attacks (attacking the person not the idea), and straw man attacks (position someone in a certain light & then thrash the straw man).

I will apologize for not being better behaved, and maybe for being so opinionated, and maybe for not avoiding the topic altogether. I am glad to have pointed Wolgast to the whyquit site, hope he can read it.

I'm still learning and I still make a lot of mistakes in everything I do (that's a good thing IMO).

One thing I've been working on for the last week or so is trying to diffuse the occasional dispute with humor - I definitely failed that here.

I love it!
Lets move and carry on in normal fashion:wsm:

Tim

Guys, I'm trying to learn, too. I've been at this for a long time, and in the past, my tendency would have been do what Tony asked and close the thread or delete it out of frustration. But I'm trying to avoid that whenever possible because some people feel it's a heavy-handed approach and I think we can actually learn something by working these things out together and moving forward in a friendly way. Let's all agree to do that today. :)

I ended up getting this Acid Kuba Kuba. Thanks Timothy and Morgan for the suggestion.

We liked it. Had a great flavor.

I tried Acid once. Never could get past the cologne fragrance/smell. They'll smell up the whole room. Anyway, glad you found one you like. Lots of good options mentioned above to keep you busy for awhile.

Back