Cigars *****

I tried Acid once. Never could get past the cologne fragrance/smell. They'll smell up the whole room. Anyway, glad you found one you like. Lots of good options mentioned above to keep you busy for awhile.

The taste good. I didn't get the cologne smell. I will definitely get more maybe stock up when they are on sale. This one was $7.99

Ok Tony there are so many cigars brands that you can go crazy trying to figure out what to try. What one person might like you may not. Your best bet is to go http://www.cigarbid.com/ or http://www.cigarsinternational.com/ get a couple of samples of cigars. But the Cigar Bid site can be a dangerous site and before you know it you have enough cigars to last you for who knows how long.

No truer words have been spoken about cigarbid.com, ;) Very easy to "stock" up.

Tony - just remember the ACID line of cigars are 'infused' so kinda puts them in a different category almost, almost like flavored ciggarettes, i've read you shouldnt keep infused cigars in the same humidor with regular cigars because the regular cigars will take on the taste/smell/essence of the infused ones, just an fyi.

Last edited:
Tony - just remember the ACID line of cigars are 'infused' so kinda puts them in a different category almost, almost like flavored ciggarettes, i've read you shouldnt keep infused cigars in the same humidor with regular cigars because the regular cigars will take on the taste/small/essence of the infused ones, just an fyi.

Thanks.

Still need to buy a humidor and a decent lighter.

Question for those in the know, just how long can cigars be kept fresh in a decent humidor?

I’m not really going to answer you’re question but it reminds me of something that I saw a few years ago that might help and I found funny.

I was in J&R in Washington DC which is my favorite cigar store. I was listening to an old timer/big buck cigar buyer talking to a salesmen. Keep in mind these guys clearly know each other and were friends. This gentlemen just bought a box of cigars in the high 600 dollar range and he asked the salesmen how long it would last in his humidor? The salesmen responded, in yours at 70/70 indefinitely, the customer responded aren’t cigars biodegradable? His friend quickly responded, at your age you will biodegrade way before the cigars.

Maybe you had to be there but I thought that was funny as hell.

FYI: 70/70 means 70 degrees at 70% relative humidity.

Not that its necessary anymore or that my opinion means anything but what the heck, I will chime in anyway. I believe that most anything in moderation is fine. The secret is keeping it in moderation. I have been enjoying cigars for many years and especially in the late night hours when the meat is on the cooker and I'm waiting to throw the next stick in the firebox. My intention was to smoke a cigar just every now and then (maybe 3 times a month). Over the course of the last few years there have been a small handful of occasions when I concluded that I was craving and smoking them more often then I had planned or wanted. When this would happen I just stopped smoking them altogether for 3 months or so before resuming my "every now and then" smoke. Keep it under control and you can enjoy it.

Not that its necessary anymore or that my opinion means anything but what the heck, I will chime in anyway. I believe that most anything in moderation is fine. The secret is keeping it in moderation. I have been enjoying cigars for many years and especially in the late night hours when the meat is on the cooker and I'm waiting to throw the next stick in the firebox. My intention was to smoke a cigar just every now and then (maybe 3 times a month). Over the course of the last few years there have been a small handful of occasions when I concluded that I was craving and smoking them more often then I had planned or wanted. When this would happen I just stopped smoking them altogether for 3 months or so before resuming my "every now and then" smoke. Keep it under control and you can enjoy it.

Thanks Steve.
I hear what your saying.

Tony sorry I'm late to this thread (been away), but I think I saw cigars international mentioned before, I buy from them all the time best price around and to your door delivery, they also have a selection of cutters, lighters, and ash trays that you get cheap when you try some of the samplers. and you will get a monthly catalog. I just bought some Hoyo de Monterey, Excalibur, (nice cigar)
Enjoy your new hobby, I do

Dave

Tony sorry I'm late to this thread (been away), but I think I saw cigars international mentioned before, I buy from them all the time best price around and to your door delivery, they also have a selection of cutters, lighters, and ash trays that you get cheap when you try some of the samplers. and you will get a monthly catalog. I just bought some Hoyo de Monterey, Excalibur, (nice cigar)
Enjoy your new hobby, I do

Dave

Thanks Dave.

Chad Bman sent me a catalog and 2 cigars.
Thanks Chad.

Just ordered my humidor yesterday.

Now I'm not saying cigars are harmless, but I am amused how an occasional cigar is so closely related and hated as a 2 pack a day habit. Not even close. With that said, I'll take my conversation to PM

Now I'm not saying cigars are harmless, but I am amused how an occasional cigar is so closely related and hated as a 2 pack a day habit. Not even close. With that said, I'll take my conversation to PM

Jeff PM sent.....

Back