Chuck n Butt

Looks good.

How is smoked chuck compared to tri tip.
Iā€™d say texture wise, itā€™s more like eating that section of where a brisket flat connects to the point. Itā€™s very beefy and has nice fat in it, unlike a flat.

Now Tritip is much more steak like than a roast. So if youā€™re seeking steak, smoked tritip is the way to go. If youā€™re seeking brisket-like, then do the Chuck. Smoked TT you can still eat at 130-135. You canā€™t do that on a Chuck. Chuck must be rendered.

I like smoked TT sandwiches. On a nice crusty baguette with Mayo, roasted red peppers, shredded lettuce, maybe a slice of pepper jack. I wouldnā€™t eat a Chuck like that.

However, I really like Chuck burgers. To me itā€™s the best value beef burger or burger base with other cuts added in.

Hope this perspective offer some insight.

What wine did you serve with this feast?
Good question. My son had burbon whiskey. I personally was too tired so I drank water.

This was a lot of cooking, sides and work. And I had zero help. I even washed my prep bowls and trays along the way.

Dessert was Viscontiā€™s Tiramisu. We picked up 4 of them.

Brett, wifeā€™s birthday is tomorrow, Iā€™ve been trying to serve up the ultimate weekend since after work Friday. Iā€™m damn tired already!šŸ˜‚
Youā€™re dinner looks insane!!

@Joe T Gomez and @Bruno, your comments coming from fellow bbqā€™rs means a lot. You guys know the effort it takes to get this to the table, on time and cooked right. Thatā€™s what I love most about this forum; everyone here ā€œgets it.ā€

Brett, wifeā€™s birthday is tomorrow, Iā€™ve been trying to serve up the ultimate weekend since after work Friday. Iā€™m damn tired already!šŸ˜‚
Youā€™re dinner looks insane!!
Make it special! Happy bday Mrs. Bruno!

There used to be a Mexican place that did the most amazing barbacoa and they used beef cheeks, hands down the best most succulent thing Iā€™ve ever tasted, sadly, pandemic killed them. It was a great place to go for lunch after looking for ā€œstuffā€ at the antique show in Allegan.
Now there is a place about half a mile from me that does the ā€œchuckā€œ barbacoa and, itā€™s franklyā€¦dreadful! Which is sad because everything else they do (that Iā€™ve had) has been pretty darned good! They do fresh chiccarones on Saturday and if you can stand the crowd, itā€™s amazing! I think I need to get there earlier!

There used to be a Mexican place that did the most amazing barbacoa and they used beef cheeks, hands down the best most succulent thing Iā€™ve ever tasted, sadly, pandemic killed them. It was a great place to go for lunch after looking for ā€œstuffā€ at the antique show in Allegan.
Now there is a place about half a mile from me that does the ā€œchuckā€œ barbacoa and, itā€™s franklyā€¦dreadful! Which is sad because everything else they do (that Iā€™ve had) has been pretty darned good! They do fresh chiccarones on Saturday and if you can stand the crowd, itā€™s amazing! I think I need to get there earlier!
Now you got me thinking of making Serrano salsa and pulled pork tacosā€¦.

Quite a feast man. I usually don't get into that many meats, especially on one bbq.
I did however do smoked ribs and kettle wings with roasted dill potatoes on Sunday, all on one bbq.
Took a bunch of pics but forgot to post them.....I may still, it was really good. About a 4.5 hour ordeal.
Anyways your feast looks top shelf, I always make sure I get up before the sun to get that fire going just right....I like better when the meat has to sit for 2 to 3 hours rather than just getting finished to eat and it is already 8 o'clock scenario.

Quite a feast man. I usually don't get into that many meats, especially on one bbq.
I did however do smoked ribs and kettle wings with roasted dill potatoes on Sunday, all on one bbq.
Took a bunch of pics but forgot to post them.....I may still, it was really good. About a 4.5 hour ordeal.
Anyways your feast looks top shelf, I always make sure I get up before the sun to get that fire going just right....I like better when the meat has to sit for 2 to 3 hours rather than just getting finished to eat and it is already 8 o'clock scenario.
thank you! we were seated and eating at 630P. the porker rested a little, but not as much as desired. didn't matter much tho. used large forks and chunked it as that's how we like it. the meal was top shelf. the chuck rested a few hours and was super tender. i'm glad his bday is only once a year. i don't have to do the feast again for a while now. i prefer less complex meals. but i was able to pull it off, and all the sides, in a single day. and the PP will be finished today. so much for leftovers lasting. everyone enjoyed them, and on the hawaiian rolls too.

personally, i made a chicken stir fry last night as i needed veggies and some simple food. all this meat is too heavy for me.

Back