Chuck eyes on the kettle

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Chuck Eyes

I've seen a few posts with these and I decided to cook some after seeing them for a little over 5 bucks a lb.

I seasoned them up with salt and pepper.

Banked the coals up for 2-zone.

Beautiful lit charcoal. This is probably the last voyage for this grate.

After the flip.

Steaks resting.

Served with hasselback potatoes also cooked on the kettle.

My plate.

I was raving the whole time about how awesome and economical this cut was then I looked over and saw that my wife had mutilated hers.
I'm a fan, but alas she's not. It could have something to do with her being 24 weeks pregnant with our first baby! (It's a boy!) I also had to cook hers to medium/medium well for that reason.
Thanks for looking!

I love chuck eyes and get them on sale when my grocery store has them, good cuts of beef at a nice price. Congrats on the boy! My wife just had our second boy and I had to cook steaks far beyond what I would normally while she was pregnant.

Great cook Dustin. I love that you went simple on the seasoning and let that beautful piece of meat take the starring role it deserves.

Conograts on the baby Dustin. Pretty soon you will be teaching him how to grill. We have six kids and my wife's culinary tastes changed with each one. Your wife will probably crave steak the next time around. Great looking plate...

Regards,

John

Gongrats to you and your wife on your upcoming family addition. Chuck eyes are great but anything past med/rare and you need a chainsaw to cut them, they get really tuff as you found out. But you got to do what you got to do for the baby's sake.

Back