Chile Verde and Pork Butt..........Then there were 2... GO HAWKS!

SE Davis

TVWBB Pro
Since the clan is coming over for football, it's time for pork 2 ways. Friday night I smeared the 7 lb pork butt with yellow mustard and rubbed with bone suckin sauce. Then into the fridge for 24 hrs.
Time for chile verde. Props to Gary H. NJ for this recipe.
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Classic-Chile-Verde
I followed it fairly close except for not adding breakfast sausage. Also I added a few chopped Yukon gold potatoes as well. As for peppers I used 4 Poblano, 3 Anaheim, and 3 Jalapeno. Grilled the peppers,onions, tomatillos and pork.

Veggies whirled in the food processor and added to the crock pot with grilled pork.All cooked on low overnight.

Pork butt out of the fridge. Fired the WSM at 9:15 with RO briquetts/cherry smoke wood.The water pan was empty and foiled. I was cooking by 10pm. Outside temp was upper 30's and foggy with no wind.

DigiQ2 held 225 like a rock for 14 hours. I didn't foil through the stall. I just covered the top of the pork at 170 deg with an aluminum pan. This allowed rendering to continue to another drip pan on the second grate. Pulled at 195. Gotta love that bark.

Rested and pulled.

Chile Verde in the pot.

Green chile plated with beans, rice and tortilla..............Pulled pork with NO.5 sauce and simple salad.

Thanks for looking,
Scott

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Both look super...great cooks...great game!! You got it right ...go Hawks!! Super Bowl bound baby!!

Nice

Both plates look so good, have to have one of each! Big Boy Football Sunday, not for the faint of heart! Should be a great SuperBowl!

Back