Chicken, Shrimp, & Asparagus

DCloin

TVWBB Fan
image_zpszexvkixz.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsel12m2m1.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Our daughter is leaving for her last year at Indiana University on Saturday so our Son came to tell her goodbye and wish her good luck. So... I decided to cook up something. I didn't have anything planned but took some Frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts out to thaw. I stopped on the way home from work and picked up some mushrooms and asparagus.

I was mostly overwhelmed trying to get everything cooked so there are no pictures until the final product. I injected the chicken with some butter with SPOG. Wrapped the asparagus with bacon, except the few I kept separate for our Son who doesn't eat pork. Skewered some shrimp and basted them with butter and parsley. Mushrooms were sliced up and cooked down in a frying pan on the stove. Also cooked some rice.

Everything turned out really good. Chicken was moist and flavorful which I was glad for since my last chicken attempt was a failure. I tried to invent an Asian chicken recipe but it wasn't too good last time.

Had a good evening visiting and even had a 3way tie for first place when we played a game of scrabble.

Darvin

Looks like a great cook Darvin. Sounds like all had a great time. How do you like the double prong skewers that were used on the asparagus. I just ordered a set since we love to grill our asparagus.

Great looking meal. The shot of that full grill should be framed and put up on your wall. ;)

That is one outstanding plate of food. Beautiful job on everything. Good luck to your daughter in her last year at the University.

Darvin - great cook dude. Grilled 'gus and shrimp is hard to beat in my book. Love the color on the shrimp and bird too...

Regards,

John

Where did you get those double prong skewers? They look wider than what I have seen

Last edited:
Now that is a wonderful sepread, I would love to eat that and you don't have to even send me to college ( a great college I must say).

Thanks everyone. The double prong skewers work great. Good stays on them well. I'm having a hard time remembering where I got them but I think it may have been Menards hardware store.

Just ordered them from Amazon. They will arrive tomorrow. Thanks for the info. Again, the food looks great.

Thanks everyone. The double prong skewers work great. Good stays on them well. I'm having a hard time remembering where I got them but I think it may have been Menards hardware store.

Back