Chicken & Ribs with some heat

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
The CEO pulled out some items from the freezer the other day and as I looked I smiled and saw Jamaican Jerk Chicken and some smoked ribs looking back at me.

The boneless skinless thighs cut up and soaking over night in Walkers Wood, love this stuff. Brings a tear to my eye.

DSC_0445_zps08e82dd9.jpg

Ribs done today with Three Little Pigs Cherry and on the WSM, running 300 degrees, the chix on firewire

DSC_0454_zps2b2a2658.jpg

DSC_0453_zps307dd1de.jpg

After a little more than an hour chix on too

DSC_0455_zpscc66d1e0.jpg

Ribs sauced with Sweet Sauce Oh Mine

DSC_0456_zps5508a36d.jpg

Ribs came out delicious, a little thin in the meat dept. but real tender and juicy

DSC_0458_zpsa2bd0327.jpg

The table with a nice sweet potato

DSC_0459_zps1ef6da65.jpg

Your plate, enjoy

DSC_0468_zps6cad79ed.jpg

DSC_0462_zpsf5e72857.jpg

Great looking cook as always Bill. Is it this stuff? Hot or mild? Use it on beef any?

imagejpg1.jpg

Last edited:
More great eating in the Schultz household! Jerk chicken and BBQ ribs on the same plate…I like what I'm seeing. I too am a big fan of Walkerswood…I'd even eat an old shoe if it were marinated in Walkerswood.

Outstanding bird and pig cook Bill!
The amount of WW you used brought tears to my eyes too, even the mild has a kick!
Do you mix oil with it for the marinade?

Bill;
A VERY nice cook! I am a big fan of Walkerswood. There are actually three different versions. Mild is for those who like just a touch of heat. The "Traditional" are for those who like a bit more heat and "Hot and Spicy" are those that REALLY like heat. You can also "mix and match" to get just the amount of heat to your preference. Their web site has recipes on using their products:

http://www.walkerswood.com/index.php

However, they are not just about heat but about FLAVOR. I LOVE it!

Bill, thanks again for sharing your great cook with us!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Outstanding bird and pig cook Bill!
The amount of WW you used brought tears to my eyes too, even the mild has a kick!
Do you mix oil with it for the marinade?

No oil Bob, that was a little more than half a jar of mild just mixed good by hand and left over night to season. Oil may not be a bad idea though, might try that next time. It gets more through the whole pieces if you leave it over night though, love it

Nice stuff Bill! Sweet potato screams fall to me, and it is time. Thanks to Dean for the Amazon link. I had no idea they sold WW. I should have - they sell everything else. :confused:

Back