Chicken nuggets

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
If you like chicken nuggets, this recipe is a keeper.
I did tweak one step. For the liquid batter I added a shot of vodka. The alcohol lightens the batter a bit and is something I do I when ever I use a liquid batter.
Annalee has requested that we try and adapt this to oven baking. So I’ll be working on a dry only option.
We did make a double batch and I’m glad we did. The single batch would’ve made pretty small nuggets.
Next go I may try breasts instead of thighs.
We made baked fries in the oven and my Sous chef made the sauce which is very similar to the apricot glaze I posted the other day that I use.

468E9422-DD49-48F2-A379-11ED2744E282.jpeg

65923A50-0549-40F3-8CE6-4B2CC66AE8A0.jpeg

095D71DA-664F-4943-BE3B-D408225CAFF6.jpeg

EF2B6C89-4901-4EE7-875C-44E2803A3057.jpeg

560B6FCF-5B55-41E1-9F91-DA41E1E7DE04.jpeg

9D1BC9D6-9EC1-4F4A-BA88-399B9FE2B951.jpeg

5D7D8BD8-D580-4F17-9AFB-3C876AC22893.jpeg

Sous chef made a quick and easy skillet brownie for desert. Yum!

572A5A87-F006-453B-86D6-533BE2FD7220.jpeg

That is quite impressive Case, I may give it a shot. Also your old Coleman camp stove sure brought back some great memories from long ago. I had one just like it. When it finally died we went to propane. Miss that old stove cooked a lot of meals on it.

Last edited:
Those definitely look like the real deal, Case. I may just have to give those a try. Looking forward to seeing the dry version.

That is quite impressive Case, I may give it a shot. Also your old Coleman camp stove sure brought back some great memories from long ago. I had one just like it. When it finally died we went to propane. Miss that old stove cooked a lot of meals on it.
Thanks Rich! These are a bit of work, but damn they are good. Even the leftover (few that there were) nuggets were tasty!

That Coleman is my $20 Craigslist find. Its a 1962 425, used once before I got it. Guy bought it new and decided camping wasn't his deal. Put it in a closet where it sat for 4 1/2 decades.

Runs like a champ and I use it all of the time at home and camping.

Well done Case. I make that recipe all the time...love it! My son and I demolish those little guys. So, so good
Thank you! Yes they are tasty. Was thinking that making a mega batch of the meat portion. Shape them, freeze on a baking sheet and then pack them and freeze. Pull out what you want, thaw, bread, fry.

For bigger batches I thought running the chicken through the grinder instead of the food processor would make sense.

Those definitely look like the real deal, Case. I may just have to give those a try. Looking forward to seeing the dry version.
Thank you. I'll definitely post the "healthier" version once I've figures out the best method. We don't have an air fryer or an oven with an air fryer so it will be oven baked.

Thank you! Yes they are tasty. Was thinking that making a mega batch of the meat portion. Shape them, freeze on a baking sheet and then pack them and freeze. Pull out what you want, thaw, bread, fry.

For bigger batches I thought running the chicken through the grinder instead of the food processor would make sense.
I do the same...grind it instead of processor. Big batches keep well in the freezer. A bit labor intensive to make but totally worth it.

Back