Chicken Lollipops and Stuffed Peppers

Tommy B

TVWBB Pro
My family has really been into the bacon wrapped stuffed peppers so I whipped up a quick batch. I also took my first shot at chicken lollipops. They took a little longer then expected but turned out well.

Cooker of choice was my Tumbleweed Texstyles Texas BBQ Mini

:flagkettle: just for good measure an american kettle. Thanks for looking!

Tasty looking Mini-Meal on the Mini-WSM! I've been craving ABT's and I think that I better do up a batch this weekend!

That looks fantastic. Did you sear at the end? I made drumsticks on my mini yesterday and the skin texture was a little rubbery for my liking.

Awesome job on the Mini WSM! Those ABT's are right on and the lollipops look yummy. Great finger food for sure.

That looks fantastic. Did you sear at the end? I made drumsticks on my mini yesterday and the skin texture was a little rubbery for my liking.

So I watched a DivaQ youtube video where she makes lollipops. At 275 degrees she said the chicken was at an internal temp of 165 degrees at 45 minutes. So I assumed they would take around 45-60 minutes. Well they took 90-120 minutes to get to 165! I sauced them way to early and did slightly sear at the end. Everyone was hungry or "hangry" so I finished them quick. I have never really bbq'ed chicken legs so it was a new experience. They turned out well and I will def do them again. My mini was running about 385-300 degrees. I didn't get the rubbery skin texture.

Good to know. My mini maxes out at 250 degrees (with heatshield). I'm going to try these lollipops tonight without the heatshield.

Tommy B;
Terrific lookin' BBQ, that's for sure! Good job! I am ready for lunch and those legs AND ABT's are KILLIN' me!!! Looks to me like you NAILED it!

I have settled on one of my WSM's or Mini with NO heat deflector for chicken parts. I gotta give Chris credit for my adopting this method from his "Hot and Fast"chicken. All my units run above 300 degrees (I try to shoot for 350 or do) and I get nicely crisped skin. I sauce during the last five minutes or so. This sets the sauce and partially caramelizes it for additional layers of flavor, whether I am running straight BBQ chicken, Orange Marmalade Sriracha, or Walkerswood Jerk Chicken.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I was just reading Chris' Hot and Fast chicken. Dying to try this out tonight. Getting so hungry looking at those lollipops.

Great looking abt's Tommy. Love the close up shot Chicken look great too. Great job on that mini. I see you went with the SJ Gold. That working OK for you?

Great looking abt's Tommy. Love the close up shot Chicken look great too. Great job on that mini. I see you went with the SJ Gold. That working OK for you?

I bought the gold to make the mini and have since bought a SJ silver. $10 craigslist special! I honestly like the gold more. I rarely do cooks longer then 2 hours on the mini so it works great. I think if I was going for longer cooks I would use the silver more...

Nice exer-saucer Tommy. Red, yellow, and bllluuuuueee ooo ooo oooh

And the food looks great too :george:

I don't know if my wife and I could survive with out that exer-saucer! We have a very active 9 month old boy!

Thanks again for the idea Tommy. Just got home and made a sample. Couldn't stop thinking of it at work. Sorry if posting pictures on your post is considered hijacking it. Without the heat shield, I was up at 350. I.T was 175 in 1 hour.

Thanks again for the idea Tommy. Just got home and made a sample. Couldn't stop thinking of it at work. Sorry if posting pictures on your post is considered hijacking it. Without the heat shield, I was up at 350. I.T was 175 in 1 hour.

Great cook! No one considers posting pictures on another thread hijacking. I think I am going to borrow your idea of taking out the heat shield. I could go for another round of the lollipops tonight!

Back