Chicken - Just Chicken

M Morrill

TVWBB Member
Here are a few chicken pictures from a cook last Thursday and tonight. While they aren't competition ready, they taste way better.

Up first is a whole chicken cut into quarters and seasoned with garlic salt and pepper.

IMG_6748_zpsaa328dbc.jpg

Thighs are quarters and the breasts are "french cut" with drumette attached. Not because it is French and cool but just easy:). The wing sections get eaten as snacks by my wife early on in the cook. I cook mostly indirect but move the chicken towards hotter areas once the coals are stable. FYI - I buy Foster Farms whole chicken when they are on sale and just cut them up. This was a $4.18 chicken. Use a good pair of scissors, you can have a chicken ready to cook in about 5 minutes.

IMG_6750_zps05a6ee63.jpg

These are my standard "Sugar Chicken" bbq chicken thighs. They taste so much better than any "competition" thighs I make. Of course I make these the way I like them. Funny, I used to hate dark meat until I figured out how to cook it right. They will be even better tomorrow cold for lunch.

Mike

I am a chicken fan and those look really good! Chicken is a very practical as well as tasty meat. It ought to get more respect than it does. Well, in my household, it does:D!!

Good job!

Dale53

Here are a few chicken pictures from a cook last Thursday and tonight
Mike, did you cook this in your house? you CAN take photos of your oven... we won't mind ;) butt grill pics are way cooler!
Bird looks AWESOME

You say better @ lunch! What time did you say lunch was? :p That sounds really good. Your chicken looks very good and I'll admit it looks really tasty too! Great job. Mike.

Back