Charm City Holiday Beef

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
We love Larry Wolfe's Pepper Stout Beef so much, we just had to give it another go, and will do many more times to come. Of course, we like to put a slightly different spin on it.
Here's everything. A 3 1/2# chuck roast, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper corns, Italian seasoning, Penzey's minced garlic, some red, green, orange and yellow peppers and some sweet onions and some olive oil.
001.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

The CR received a nice massage of OO and some S&P, then went onto the 22" OTS. While it was getting nice and warm the veggies received the necessary trimming and their fair share of S&P, OO, Italian Seasoning and some minced garlic.
I started around noon after some morning chores. It was pretty chilly this morning, with 40-50 mile an hour winds. Here's the temp I started out with, not factoring in the wind.
006.jpg

Morgan, Jim and Kim. I know it's nothing compared to where you all are, I'm sure there's plenty of the white stuff on the ground by now holding the temps lower than this.
On the turn
004.jpg

Internal temp was 170 after a little over an hour, meat....meet veggies. Foiled and back on for about another 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
005.jpg

A fresh roll toasted with some fresh provolone and some banana pepper rings
007.jpg

We had some tater salad and shrimp mac salad and chips to go with.
Look, here's yours, go ahead, I made this one for you
009.jpg

Come on, open wide, here it comes!
008.jpg

Thanks for looking, have a great weekend everybody!

Last edited:
Great job on the Charm City Holiday Beef, Gene! I just bit in to my computer screen, thank you very much!:eek:

Gene,
In all honesty I think Chris should make this a sticky on how to post a cook.
Details, including ingredients, action and plated shots, great photos, and some good humor thrown in.

Terrific post, and outstanding cook my friend!!

Back