Char broil half time chimney starter

I had the same irritation with the old coal stifling the lighting process, then the light bulb got bright! Now I put about a third of a charge in the bottom and the old stuff on top takes off just fine.
Yep, that's the trick. At least one layer of fresh coals in the bottom then used coals on top.

I used the modified starter last Friday. Put one layer of new briquettes on the bottom then put my used on top which filled the chimney. Ran the gas starter for about 7 minutes, and it took about 20 minutes to fully light with a light wind. I guess i need to start both chimneys at once sometime so i can do a side by side comparison.

IMHO: This is a solution without a problem. I am not sure the 5 min saved is worth the $ increase. As my old boss used to say to the toaster salesmen that would come around, "Yes sir - you have a better mouse trap." "Problem is: I don't have mice."

I had a char broil and find the difference with the Weber Rapid fire is that bottom shelf is conical and it does light better and quicker than the char broil with the flat bottom shelf. I gave the char broil chimney away

Back