Celebrated in great style!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Family and a few friends came by to celebrate my birthday on Saturday (better to do these Bacchanalian feasts on any day but Monday) I had both barrels of the Overperformer fired and the Genny working as well
Ribeyes, standing rib roast, wings, andouille (Youze Guys), brats, Hasselback Mettwurst (Plath’s), on kettles, Parmesan roasted broccoli and smashed potatoes on the Genny.
I don’t post pix, too lazy for one more learning curve but, the TVWBB was a topic of conversation to be sure!
Thanks for the “card” Chris.
And Hail Hephaestus! (Blacksmith to the Gods)

Inside joke for TonyUK and myself
Charter members of the International Hephaestus Society.

Happy Birthday! sounds like you had quite the bacchanal going on. I never heard of Metwurst being done on a grill though. My experience with it is as a soft "spreadable" type of sausage

I keep bringing more of the Mettwurst back from Plath’s when we go to the cottage! Started with one, this year I brought back three. Should have done ten! Plath’s is a nice smoked (rather polish like sausage) with whole mustard seed, sold in whole tied loops. I cut it “Hassleback” style and serve it with grilled (or roasted) red and yellow peppers and onions, this batch I drizzled with Croatian fig preserve, it shared a platter with wings and everyone went bananas over the fig stuff on the wings, who knew!?
Vast quantities of beverages were enjoyed by all as well, cleanup lasted until almost one AM and I had to do a gig Sunday morning at 10:30! I did not play my best...

Sounds great, but you do need to work on your pics and show us your creations.:)
It's not that hard, I'm the most least computer savy guy out here, but I learned.
Smart phone and the Flickr app makes it easy.

Crap I forgot , Happy B-day!

Tim

Last edited:
Sounds great, but you do need to work on your pics and show us your creations.:)
It's not that hard, I'm the most least computer savy guy out here, but I learned.
Smart phone and the Flickr app makes it easy.

Crap I forgot , Happy B-day!

Tim

Trust me Timothy, you are not the least computer savy person here.

Timothy, you and I are birthday buds (or close enough). I think your celebration is more fitting to the occasion. I "celebrated" at a noisy restaurant with my cranky parents complaining about everything, and my wife kicking me under the table because I was staying silent.

If I bring drinks, can I come to your place next year?

Back