Can't find Weber Charcoal Briquettes anywhere

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have not been able to find anyone to ship Weber Charcoal Briquettes to my location or to a store near me for about a month now. I have two-half bags left and I have gone through a 40 lb bag of Royal Oak Chefs Select Briquettes while trying to save my Weber. I just bought two bags of B & B Charcoal Briquettes today, I am excited about trying it, but everywhere I look Weber Charcoal Briquettes is out of stock. Are you Weber Charcoal Briquettes guys experiencing the same thing? Any placing you guys are getting it at right now please let me know.

Might want to try True Value. Last couple bags I ordered thru them but be prepared to wait. My last order, 3 Bags, took over a month. They were short on manpower I was told.

Couple of weeks ago True Value had a sale for $6.00 a bag I got the last bag they had. I asked if they were going to get anymore and the salesman said that they didn't appear to be on reorder.

Andrew,
It is funny because I gloss over home depot everytime because I know the price is higher. I have done ABT and Ace in the past and it had been $15 a bag. I guess if I don't like B&B I may have put that out for it.
Put however many bags you want to buy in your cart at Home Depot. Then call them, they will price match. Just find an online store that sells them cheaper and say you want to price match.

Very cool ever if the other store is has the charcoal currently as unavailable?
Try looking around different websites. Tru Value, Ace Hardware....just find a store somewhat close to you that has the ship to store option available and they will price match. Even if its a store 30-40 miles away they usually are fine with that. Just act like driving that far is normal for you, but you would rather spend your money at Home Depot

Try looking around different websites. Tru Value, Ace Hardware....just find a store somewhat close to you that has the ship to store option available and they will price match. Even if its a store 30-40 miles away they usually are fine with that. Just act like driving that far is normal for you, but you would rather spend your money at Home Depot
Order 4 bags today from home depot, they price matched an Ace and hour and a half away that I was able to find.

I've been looking around town and gotten pretty disgusted nobody seems to have them.

I'll probably end up ordering them from home Depot , they ship to the house for free or the store for free so it's not too terrible.

Don't know how they can manage to keep selling them if nobody actually sells them . You go to webers site....It just shows you all the dealers in your area that carry Weber stuff not that actually carry the charcoal. I have one bag left from my home Depot clearance sale 2 years ago...... Tried Ace, true value, etc

Never seen them in any of our stores here. Kingsford and Royal Oak or off brands are about all that anyone here carries. Right now the only briquettes I've been able to find in store is KBB or match light crap. Which doesn't surprise me as we have a Kingsford plant in Springfield Oregon. I have no problem with KBB, has worked well in all of my smokers and BBQ's for over 3 decades.

Really wish I could find a local less expensive retailer for Pok Pok Thaan. In my opinion its the Lamborghini of charcoal. It burns so nice and long.

I've been looking around town and gotten pretty disgusted nobody seems to have them.

I'll probably end up ordering them from home Depot , they ship to the house for free or the store for free so it's not too terrible.

Don't know how they can manage to keep selling them if nobody actually sells them . You go to webers site....It just shows you all the dealers in your area that carry Weber stuff not that actually carry the charcoal. I have one bag left from my home Depot clearance sale 2 years ago...... Tried Ace, true value, etc
What a clearance that was still have 17 bags left cleaned out two local home depots. I think the problem was the price, HD probably never moved that many of them which my guess is neither did many other retailers. I love the Weber Charcoal those 17 bags will last me for probably another 4 years.

Many years ago and I mean many worked for a soft drink company, supermarkets in high school. Shelf space is valuable and inventory turn is important, if the product does not move its costing you valuable shelf space and tying up money in inventory that could be used for something that does move.

What a clearance that was still have 17 bags left cleaned out two local home depots. I think the problem was the price, HD probably never moved that many of them which my guess is neither did many other retailers. I love the Weber Charcoal those 17 bags will last me for probably another 4 years.

Many years ago and I mean many worked for a soft drink company, supermarkets in high school. Shelf space is valuable and inventory turn is important, if the product does not move its costing you valuable shelf space and tying up money in inventory that could be used for something that does move.
A lot of corporate owned stores have a % of inventory they can essentially write off too. In high school, when I worked at a Corporate owned Ace Hardware store, there was many times where the manager would have me throw perfectly good items in the trash.

In this day and age, if you don't have what I want.... I'm not coming to your store.
I'll buy it mail order.

narrowing your selection and stocking only things you sell the most of and make the most money on is a recipe to go out of business. Or at least to lose mine.

for instance, I go to one grocery store to grocery shop I don't go to 3 and buy different things at each. If you don't carry EVERYTHING i want..... I'm not shopping at your store. If you don't keep things in stock and be well-stocked on them all the time, I'm not coming to your store. there's nothing more infuriating to go to a store and find out they don't have any of XYZ meat, product, whatever right now. Waste peoples time and gas. you learn to go where you can count on them having what you want, even if it cost you more money.

Near me Albertsons doesn't carry Coleman's mustard. They never have oysters. They don't carry old El Paso taco sauce. They don't carry the type of sausage I put in my red beans. If I want those things I'm not shopping at Albertson's. So they miss out on $200 worth of grocery sales because they don't stock these things...... it's not lack of space they have all kind of other products that they have made arrangements with manufacturers to carry and they stock too much of those on their shelves. Shelves filled other ****y products.

Last edited:
I love the Weber Charcoal those 17 bags will last me for probably another 4 years.
Brian,
I am with you I love the stuff, I have tried other mid to high end charcoal briquettes and nothing comes close to Weber. Even if I have to spend $20 per bag through HD it is worth it to me as using them make my BBQing experience a better one. I really thought the RO Chef's Select and/or the B&B would be comparable, but to me neither have come close.

Back