Brisket

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
I did a brisket also while I was off a while ago. I apologize for the rib post, it's been awhile since I've done this, obviously a long while.
here is the brisket
The 5.0 Outlaw is on of my favorites. I have a question, I've cooked fat side up, fat side down and both times until the internal temp was 192. Both times the meat was very flavorful and tender but just dry. Any suggestions or pointers how to rectify. I guess I need to find another way to upload photos because this just stinks, sorry for the confusion.

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/GeneBrownson/library/Briskett%20II%205%200%20Outlaw%20Rub

Last edited:
Hi Gene,

Next brisket, might want to try 2 items.
Cook a little longer, pulling only when it tests for doneness with a poker (hot knife in warm butter check...)
Before cooking, make a diagonal, against the grain cut in a corner to use to signify the direction to slice once cooked.

Looks very tasty Gene!
Good advice from Bob Bass.
Try right clicking on your image, click "copy image address" and paste it to the third icon from the right at the top.
Good to see you posting here again!

2008-01-01%2012.00.09-3_zpsmkbju9as.jpg

Also resting time! Brisket likes to rest for a few hours wrapped in foil in a cooler ( with towels )

Wow that looks perfect, a moist looking Brisket! I haven't done a brisket in a long time, but with all you guys cranking them out, I'll have to do one soon.

Back