Brisket and Sausage on the Offset

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

I decided to cook a brisket I dug out of the freezer that I bought on the 4th of July on sale.
I seasoned with kosher salt and black pepper and Meat Church Holy Cow rub.

I fired up the offset starting with chimney of Royal Oak Lump and kept feeding it Post Oak splits. There is a Weber involved!
I used the Weber Chimney and my Smokey Joe to light the lump. I ran the smoker at 275.

I also cooked the last of the Southside Market sausage I had in the freezer. It turned out great. It just doesn't get the color my home made sausage does for some reason.

Final product. The flat turned out great and the smoke flavor was phenomenal. Weirdly the point over-rendered in spots. That may be due to this being a choice brisket and the higher heat.
I accidentally put the brisket fat side down in the butcher paper and it stuck in a few places. The smoke ring was awesome.

Plated with some No.5 sauce and my wife's home made mac and cheese.

This is a cook I've been dreaming of doing for a long time. I've cooked briskets on my offset, but never stickburning with Post Oak. The cook went super fast. It took 7 hours total and I rested it for another 2 1/2.

Last edited:
Great cook Dustin, sausage and brisket look great and I'd take some of that mac & cheese for sure.

That’s a very impressive cook Dustin. Sausage and brisket, doesn’t get any better than that. Mac and cheese looks off the chart as well!

Dustin, you nailed that one brisket and sausage WOW!!! Mac and cheese looks delicious. Now all you have to do is pass a plate this way;).

Back