Braised Beef Stew

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Took a break from my storm cleanup. According to our weather predictions yesterday was the best day of the week to squeeze in a cook. I gambled and went for it. I pulled out a recipe for Braised Beef Stew. Did my prep and while I was setting up the grills it started to rain. Did as I did my last cook and moved the grills in under the eves of the porch. As long as the south wind stayed in check, I'd be OK. Fortunately, it did.

Here's my ingredients. 2 lbs. stew meat, Montreal Steak Seasoning, celery, carrots, parsnips, fire roasted diced tomatoes, red wine, red currant jelly, bay leaves, fresh oregano, and cannellini beans.

enhance

Seasoned the meat and browned it, couple of batches.

enhance

enhance

The veggies.

enhance

After about five minutes, dumped in the garlic.

enhance

Then added the tomatoes, wine, jelly, bay leaves and the oregano sprigs and the meat. Raised heat and brought to a boil. Covered DO and moved it to another kettle and baked on some medium indirect heat for about 90 minutes.

enhance

enhance

Added the beans and let it roll for another 30 minutes.

enhance

- - - Updated - - -

enhance

Ready to eat!

enhance

This is one of the best tasting stews ever I've done. The meat was melt in your mouth tender. I like a little more juice in my stew and might add a little water to the recipe when I do it again. Thanks for looking everyone!

And the hits keep on coming. That looks incredible Cliff, never seen jelly in beef stew before. I make a lot of beef stews and pot roast, love the stuff.

This is one of the best tasting stews ever I've done. The meat was melt in your mouth tender. I like a little more juice in my stew and might add a little water to the recipe when I do it again. Thanks for looking everyone!
Looks amazing Cliff. I too like my stew more juicy, I'd recommend beef broth over water

Stew looks really guud Cliff. It would fit perfectly with the winter that we have had around here.

Back