Bone in chicken thighs

Harrison Patrick

TVWBB Member
Our local grocery store placed chicken thighs on a great deal, I couldn’t resist buying a pack, this is our spin on oak wood smoked chicken thighs.D35AF31D-F8DF-44EC-B9B0-00F454A1E24C.jpegDecided to use my usual seasoning suspects, s-p-o-g and rosemary and an adult beverage
196198CA-8D85-4939-9890-8DC88CBBEA85.jpeg
Once my fire reached 375 I placed chicken skin side down to cook directly for 2-3 minutes to begin fat rendering underneath the skin, then pull to indirect side until thighs reached 180.
C1D6449F-2CF5-4AD8-BF0D-A5545D3AC51E.jpeg
Roughly 45 minutes later, pulled and platedC0154F92-1F71-4AFB-BE39-F0E388B4BBC4.jpeg

Thighs look great, Harrison! Will always be one of my favorite grill cooks. Nothing beats a plate full of crispy, juicy thighs like you have there (unless it's a plate of thighs that were on sale!) :) Thanks for sharing!

R

Thighs look great, Harrison! Will always be one of my favorite grill cooks. Nothing beats a plate full of crispy, juicy thighs like you have there (unless it's a plate of thighs that were on sale!) :) Thanks for sharing!

R
Thanks Rich! These were priced at .79/lb to clear the remaining inventory due to close expiration dates, so I bought 2 packs, cooked one and threw the other in the freezer.

After seeming that, I picked up a six of Modelo Negro, one of my favorites, along with Beck’s, St. Pauli, Rogue River,(can’t get that around here) Guinness, Harp, Newcastle, Labatts, Old Style, Miller, Strohs...
Rather like Tom T. Hall...”I like beer...”

Back