Bob Correll Pork Steaks

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Revisited a few older posts recently, then came upon one of my favorites
Here it is:

I decided to make these again today, ala Bob… I know I can’t go wrong.
Seasoned on the grill….
IMG_0160.jpeg

…flipping often and shooting for 185°…

IMG_0164.jpeg

…sauced and lettin’er go a few more minutes…

IMG_0166.jpeg

…and here’s your bite.

IMG_0169.jpeg

It was a beautiful day today with some rain during a thunderstorm but cleared for a great day to do it the Weber Way on Father’s Day…
Of course Bob wasn’t my dad but I loved him like he was and miss him more than I could have imagined.

1718593079773.jpeg

Thanks for swinging by…

Last edited:
Really nicely done, Jim! Surfing old posts from some of our great contributors (including you) is one of my favorite things to do! Correll, Bartlett, Minion, Schultz, and quite a few others.......so many good dishes to duplicate and riff off of.

Today is a good day to wonder how many people know the joy of making their own bacon because of Bob! :)

Happy F-Day to ya, Jim!

R

I had no idea what a 'pork steak' was until I started visiting this BB many moons ago - Folks like Bob, Jim and so many others with their contributions have made this place the best! Happy Father Day to all the you daddy-O's and special shout out to Jim - Nice to see you crawling around here a bit again....

Great to see you posting Jim, been awhile.
Funny I was cruising through my recipes a few days ago looking for a rib recipe and ran across the high heat baby back rib recipe.
Don't remember if that was yours or Bobs. Going to try those again as in my old age I can't do nearly as much as I used too. Quick and simple is the name of the game now.
Barb and I really like pork steaks and a one pounder is more than enough for the two us, going to put that on the menu also.
Thanks for sharing it.

Great looking pork steaks, Jim. Those are a rare find in the grocery stores around me, but when I see them I snatch them up. I don't post much, but I miss reading the posts from Bob. He was a mainstay around here, as are you. It's good to see some of your cooks again.

Like Rich said, nice to see your post, Jim. It's been a while hope to see more:) That cook is awesome thanks for sharing.

Back