Birthday Tacos!

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
Stopped by the Mexican grocery store yesterday. They had a full selection of the normal meat offerings.
Got some carne asada and some carne al pastor to grill today for my birthday. Was supposed to have a bunch of friends over, but those plans changed with this stupid virus stuff going on.

20200321_140359.jpg20200321_140405.jpg

Cooking the meat on the Q and and veggies will go on the Genesis. I like the tight grates on the Q for the taco meat plus I haven't used the Q since giving it a new blue paint job.

20200321_143501.jpg

I'll post some cooked pictures in a few hours after I've cooked them!

Last edited:
I'll be checking back in for your next round of photos! Tacos sound good.....I'll have to hit the local carniceria!

Love the blue 'do on the Q! That's a great color!

R

Just did tacos last night on my Genesis . Had some chicken breasts and marinated them for 2 hours in Webers Mojo marinade recipe that I have been using for years. After the marinade I injected the breasts with the marinade and cook them whole and sliced for the tacos with a homemade pico. Love tacos

Got some carne asada and some carne al pastor to grill today for my birthday. Was supposed to have a bunch of friends over, but those plans changed with this stupid virus stuff going on.
No biggie. Set up the taco fixings at the end of the driveway so your friends can drive up, leave the gifts, and make their tacos to go.;)

Nice, I’m a 49ers fan! I’ve got this on the way. Not sure what the finished product looks like yet. It’s a grate for my kettle. 304 stainless, 3/16” thick.CA6134F2-5BEB-4CA1-9D2E-3E89E1BD3499.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow! That thing looks amazing! Looks like that might be the last kettle grate you'll have to purchase ever!
That’s the plan, at least that’s what I’m definitely telling the wife!! I hope it arrives tomorrow its been stuck at UPS for 3-4 days. Getting nervous!

Back