Best Non-Drill Tool

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
I need to replace the four(4) "Daisy Wheels" on my 2008 WSM "Classic", so, what is the best tool to remove the RIVETS WITHOUT using an electric drill?

Last edited:
I think you would need to grind the heads off and punch the rivets through when they are down to the shaft? Someone else will probably have a better idea but, that’s all I’ve got Richard. Just curious, why don’t you want to drill them out?

Tim: An electric drill is not included in my BBQ Arsenal, however, might have to add-one. I'm one of those Costa Rican Apartment dwellers that solely rely on our handyman and I may use him in this cause.

Last edited:
I think a grinder will damage the porcelain enamel finish. You need to drill from the inside with a 5/16" bit, maybe a 1/4" bit depending on the rivet.

Maybe a Dremel tool with the right cutting head could carefully cut the inside part of the rivet without doing too much damage to the finish. I've never tried it, though. I've only drilled.

Good point Chris, I was just thinking going slowly until you grind just down the the vent surface then drive the rivet through with a punch.
I think using the handyman and rewarding him with a feast is a great idea!

You should be able to get one for under $ 75.00. As long as it comes with a charger a 2 batteries.
Ones I buy are in combo kits and the heavy duty ones were for work like Dewalt, Milwaukee, Bosch, Porter cable, Makita, but a few brands I bought and used around the house.
Ryobi. black & decker 20v lithium. Craftsmen. Skil.
This seems like a good deal with positive reviews. Too bad the bits are brad point, made for wood not metal.

Tim

You should be able to get one for under $ 75.00. As long as it comes with a charger a 2 batteries.

Ryobi. black & decker 20v lithium. Craftsmen. Skil.
[U
Tim
Amazon.Com has the Black & Decker 20V Lithium Drill on sale today for $50, however, with mixed reviews and only one(1) Battery. Thanx for the recommendations!

Back