Best Frozen Burgers

Largely I avoid prefab burgers but, my local butcher shop does a nice batch of fresh ones, I keep thinking that I should try some to just have on hand (frozen) for “quick and dirty” burger cook when I’m stumped for something for dinner.
I’m watching this one folks.
So it’s looks like the “Sam’s burgers” are on the list as are the Costco and Bubba. Any head and shoulders above the rest?

Largely I avoid prefab burgers but, my local butcher shop does a nice batch of fresh ones, I keep thinking that I should try some to just have on hand (frozen) for “quick and dirty” burger cook when I’m stumped for something for dinner.
So it’s looks like the “Sam’s burgers” are on the list as are the Costco and Bubba. Any head and shoulders above the rest?

I like having the frozen patties around just for that reason. Quick and easy. Toss them on the pellet cooker, fire up a kettle, stick them in the NuWave oven (I recently remembered we have one of these). Not necessarily the the best burgers in the world, but the hit the spot when looking for a quick lunch on a lazy day. I tend to get the 1/3 pound burgers from Costco (cause that's where we have a membership). I figure they're cheap and you get more than 6 (which doesn't go very far with a family of 5).

**EDIT**
I neglected to say that whenever I make these burgers, I season them pretty liberally with at least some black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. It's not like the real thing, but does add a layer of flavor that is usually appreciated by those being served.

Last edited:
I haven't had pre fab burgers in a fair while but anything " brand name " I find tastes like garbage.
Making your own obviously is great, but if you have to go frozen my recommendation is to buy them from your butcher.
My butcher has 4oz, 5oz and 6oz in what they call burgers or seasoned burgers which has salt and pepper in them.
After chatting with the butcher to find out they are just pure plain beef I went with packs of the plain burgers.
This is the way....my butcher makes them and they taste like a burger should and I can season them they way I see fit.
So it is like having a brand name frozen burger ready to go but it tastes excellent.
My mind cannot be changed......while I am sure there are good ones out there this is what I prefer.

Oh and my butcher has them at a perfect 80/20 ratio as well.

I always thaw mine. Only takes an hour or two to be ready to throw on the grill. In a pinch, I would toss on frozen patties.

Funny this thread came up. That was our meal yesterday. Can't beat a good burger on the grill. Wife made macaroni salad to go with it.

This thread steered me in the direction of burgers tomorrow.
It's been a while since burgers came off the old performer, and this thread made me put an order in for fresh made buns to pick up tomorrow at the bakery down the road....... a few hours old fresh buns are insane, it really does improve the burger.

Back