Best dishwasher under $1,000.00

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I’m seeing Bosch dishwashers at around $650.00, which is about the max I will justify for this particular polishing project of the kitchen, anyone have any other units close in quality? I have avoided one for 30 years but, my wife suggested that I should have one, who am I to complain or argue that !?

Still wash them the old fashioned way. It's sort of like therapy for the hands......

I’m seeing Bosch dishwashers at around $650.00, which is about the max I will justify for this particular polishing project of the kitchen, anyone have any other units close in quality? I have avoided one for 30 years but, my wife suggested that I should have one, who am I to complain or argue that !?
didn't we hash this through laast year or so?

i'll try to find the thread. i do love my Bosch DW. It's my 2nd one as the first one lasted 15 years of very heavy use.

EDIT: here was that convo and more: https://tvwbb.com/threads/dishwasher-smell.90314/post-1024298

MORE EDIT: I bought this exact model from RC Willey, https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-8...eel-Tub-CrystalDry-40dBA-SHXM88Z75N/310500132

it's fabuous and quiet. my total price after taxes and discounts was $1373.81

shop downline from there and see if you can find the value you seek on price and model.

Last edited:
I'd just rathole the money and keep doing the dishes. If you do most of the dishes, as I do, she must have an alterior motive :)

I'd just rathole the money and keep doing the dishes. If you do most of the dishes, as I do, she must have an alterior motive :)
About the last thing I want to do is wash the dishes even my mother broke down 40 years ago and bought a dishwasher she thought it was the greatest invention since disposable diapers for babies when she changed the grandkids which of course they were not invented when myself and my siblings were babies. :)

It’s just the two of us most of the time so it’s not going to get very heavy use, weekends with the kids and holidays will be the busy time. I figure when it’s just my wife and I it will get run once a week including the weekend dinner for six or seven. Probably Saturday night. I do the cooking and the cleanup, I figure I’ve earned it. Told wife when we got together that I had never dated a woman I couldn‘t out cook. She responded with “Fine, here are the keys to the stove!” That was almost 40 years ago. Maybe she feels guilty?🤣

And, like I said, I’m not sure just how much polish I can give this turd. I had considered a Frigidaire but, Larry doesn’t have a lot of good to say abut that line. I think I’ve pretty much made up my mind. But, I’m not committed to anything yet.

Brett, I would not buy from HD if the price was $25.00! that place is worthless in my opinion. Not going into that rant again but, just,no. And $1500. Is much more than I will spend for polish (see above).

Last edited:
I can't answer your question, but I did have to play with my nine-year-old Whirlpool this month. Somehow, both pumps died in rapid succession. I replaced the main pump to restore washing and immediately after that, the drain pump to restore draining. The parts were inexpensive and the unit was straightforward to work on. Almost all the main parts except the main wash pump can be replaced without pulling the unit out from under the counter - they slide right out the door, interior, or bottom trim area. The one pump was about $30. I think the other was about $100.

About the last thing I want to do is wash the dishes even my mother broke down 40 years ago and bought a dishwasher she thought it was the greatest invention since disposable diapers for babies when she changed the grandkids which of course they were not invented when myself and my siblings were babies. :)
I'm old and easily bored. Need something to keep me busy. Don't mind doing dishes, as long as it's on my schedule.

I have plenty to keep me busy, I just get tired of doing all the prep, cooking, cleanup as well as “regular“ household chores. SWMBO is still working so, it is just better for me to take care of the house, dishes I will happily hand off to an electronic slave! I’d prefer to spend that time considering the next feast!

Bosch was popular during Larry's smelly fiasco and the folks at Consumer Reports feel the same, so there must be something to it. I bought an LG in April 2021.

1660945022144.png

The first one is like $649 in stainless around here. I will lose some cabinet space but, I think I can move the booze that is in that to a better vantage point and maybe just get rid of some of the extra “junk drawers”! That would not be a bad thing at all.

There is only two of us also probably runs 2 or 3 times a week you will use it way more than you thought you would.
Yeah, probably, I might need to get out some of the “stored“ dishes, four to six plates a day, flatware, could add up.
Still less water than a full sink or two a day!

Coffee cups, wine glasses for me anyway it kind of adds up forks, knives, spoons. Plastic stuff for whatever from leftovers one of the the differences from the less expensive ones and spending more is the noise level you might not think that is a big deal since you have not had a dishwater but try going to bed with it running. The Bosch runs depending on the model at about 42db, the KA sounds like I have the same one as Dan runs at 39db. Many a time I have opened it while it was running cause I could not hear it with my wife yelling at me did I not see the light on?

Do you do a lot of plastic stuff the KA I have has a drying element which you do not have to use you can use condensation drying like the Bosch but the drying element actually dries the plastic there is no need for a rinse agent the Bosch does not have that and I am not bashing Bosch by any means as I said in the other thread my wife wanted that drying element. I bought my KA from Best Buy I think it was about a 1000 bucks its a bit more now but they run sales on that paid 850 for mine it was worth every penny.

Larry I agree with you on water use any quality dishwasher should use less water than running multiple plates, coffee cups, forks knives or whatever by hand over the course of a week load it up to capacity which we always do and let her rip.

It’s just the two of us most of the time so it’s not going to get very heavy use, weekends with the kids and holidays will be the busy time. I figure when it’s just my wife and I it will get run once a week including the weekend dinner for six or seven. Probably Saturday night. I do the cooking and the cleanup, I figure I’ve earned it. Told wife when we got together that I had never dated a woman I couldn‘t out cook. She responded with “Fine, here are the keys to the stove!” That was almost 40 years ago. Maybe she feels guilty?🤣

And, like I said, I’m not sure just how much polish I can give this turd. I had considered a Frigidaire but, Larry doesn’t have a lot of good to say abut that line. I think I’ve pretty much made up my mind. But, I’m not committed to anything yet.

Brett, I would not buy from HD if the price was $25.00! that place is worthless in my opinion. Not going into that rant again but, just,no. And $1500. Is much more than I will spend for polish (see above).
i did not nor do recco HD. the link was for ratings reviews only.

i bought from RC Willey, a regional retailer who beat all local prices and in the midst of the pandemic (June 21 2021) actually had the unit in stock and for a discount. so i bought it.

Back