Best dishwasher under $1,000.00

I bought a Richmond. It's made by a Japanese company in Japan (so I trusted it) because it was the Japanese (Navien) IIRC who pioneered the technology. Other than a recall on the main circuit board it's been flawless for over 17 years. Bare in mind they do take slightly longer to get fully hot water up to an outlet (especially depending on length of the "run", ambient temp and water temp at the inlet). Gotta remember you're not keeping a huge tea kettle hot all the time so you have cold water coming in to a very cold "box", so you have to heat everything up. If you turn heat down at night that box gets even colder. I bought the biggest one they make (and BTW your Rheem is made by same company as mine). Rheem and Richmond are same. We like it. And it's MORE than paid for itself 3X over. Maybe 4X. Especially figuring today's outrageous energy prices.
BTW re the water softener. Water Boss is going to send me a new one next week. Pretty impressive but now I have to get rid of the old one

Scrappers drive through my neighborhood day before garbage pickup and will take anything I put out there that's metal.

All food grade plastic. Metal not a good choice for softeners. Would have to be all marine grade stainless and likely it would end up costing many thousands of $$$$

Hmmm, I’m going to start the research for a water heater now! I understand Bradford White has ceased operation but, would be happy to find out I’m wrong. The old office/manufacturing facility used to be about forty five miles from here. Anyone have any information on that? Or solid recommendation on one? Smith?
I just had a BW installed last month. New model 2022 with some nice features. Was about $850 for the heater and $1400 for the install.
That included draining and hauling out the old one, replumb the centers, add a new shutoff and B-vent.
Took the Plumber about 3 hours.
Well worth it IMO. I prolly installed a few dozen over the years and I just had too much stuff going on ( House makeover )

I just had a BW installed last month. New model 2022 with some nice features. Was about $850 for the heater and $1400 for the install.
That included draining and hauling out the old one, replumb the centers, add a new shutoff and B-vent.
Took the Plumber about 3 hours.
Well worth it IMO. I prolly installed a few dozen over the years and I just had too much stuff going on ( House makeover )
I’ve not heard Larry launch any argument about BW products so, when that happens I’m fairly sure that’s the direction I will take.
I like my plumber, he’s old enough to know that finishing the project means he can get on to the next one and make more money. He’s a good guy and, has seen enough weird stuff to rarely be surprised by anything.
New furnace project will happen on the 19th and new tires mounted same day. Just had a call about a cardiologist meeting for my incredible wife that Friday, praying for that solving one health issue, we shall see.

Still made in Michigan as far as I know, I’d heard that they had closed the shop in a little town about an hour away from me but, it appears I was wrong.
Dan, thanks for the link.

That's for a new tank heater? Okay, I don't feel quite so bad about the bill for the tankless any more.
That $ 1400 was total for the tank and install. They use AO Smith or Bradford White. I got # 2.

That is about going rate. If you buy from the plumber you're buying the unit at full retail, and then their labor and disposal fees. I don't think there is really any difference in tank units. All giant tea kettles you pay to keep warm.

That’s about what I was thinking the cost would be. My neighbor works for Ferguson and I think I might be able to get a little break on that at least.

Back