Best dishwasher under $1,000.00

Will run a full load this evening, the initial tests of the supply and drain seem promising. I think it may have been some slight restriction on the drain and possibly crud in the supply. Both have been addressed so, my fingers are crossed as well!

Thanks, just had a call from the Bosch people and canceled that call. I’ll reschedule if i need to, I’m pretty sure we’ve done everything possible from a plumbing standpoint except re plumbing the whole joint! I hope the heck not!
I’ll load dinner dishes and light that candle, see what happens in the morning!

I'm crossing my fingers one of these is not in your future Tim.

View attachment 63124
Nah, new copper from main to the house two years ago, if anything it’s all old galvanized inside, expensive but, not THAT bad.
Time will tell, I think I’m running on borrowed time with the heater but, if it goes, we’ve budgeted that in for some time so, if that turns out to be “phase one” so be it.
Thanks to all y’all for the good wishes. A blessed and wonderful holiday to all!

Nah, new copper from main to the house two years ago, if anything it’s all old galvanized inside, expensive but, not THAT bad.
Time will tell, I think I’m running on borrowed time with the heater but, if it goes, we’ve budgeted that in for some time so, if that turns out to be “phase one” so be it.
Thanks to all y’all for the good wishes. A blessed and wonderful holiday to all!
if it makes you feel better, i had to re-pipe a 11 year old home back in 2013. nothing is more fun than spending $18k+ on a new home's plumbing that should have lasted at least 50 years.....

if it makes you feel better, i had to re-pipe a 11 year old home back in 2013. nothing is more fun than spending $18k+ on a new home's plumbing that should have lasted at least 50 years.....
That's just great, was the home built with polybutyline water pipes? That and galvanized pipe are the worst.

That's just great, was the home built with polybutyline water pipes? That and galvanized pipe are the worst.
Specifically, a product called Kitec. You can look it up. Major lawsuits, a compensation fund and then a bankrupt company. Many homes here in the west were built with kitec at one point.

Note, PEX is a great product. In many cases it’s better than old copper and what’s been in the market fro the past 30 years.

Yep, PEX is pretty cool stuff, my plumber is impressed with the stuff and I like the guy.
First full run last night and no issues with the adjustments to supply and drain! Fingers crossed!

Well Tim, IDK why, but that Water Boss I bought last January has crapped out. It's discharging resin material and I am now in contact with Water Boss. Supposedly it has a 10 year warranty and the CSR is looking at shipping me a new one. And they're advising me to bypass it and not use it. UGH. This will create havoc for everything in my house as our water is like running gravel more than liquid and I have a tankless water heater (not good eats for them), RO filter system (not good for them) as well. Stay tuned to this bat channel for further updates :poop:

@LMichaels that has to be a manufacturing defect in the resin column. And you're really highlighting why I very specifically had a particulate filter installed when we put in the tankless heater last summer.

Hmmm, I’m going to start the research for a water heater now! I understand Bradford White has ceased operation but, would be happy to find out I’m wrong. The old office/manufacturing facility used to be about forty five miles from here. Anyone have any information on that? Or solid recommendation on one? Smith?

Hmmm, I’m going to start the research for a water heater now! I understand Bradford White has ceased operation but, would be happy to find out I’m wrong. The old office/manufacturing facility used to be about forty five miles from here. Anyone have any information on that? Or solid recommendation on one? Smith?
Rheem. A lot of plumbers I work with install this brand. We’ve had ours fro almost 10 years now, issue free. I’d recco buying from a plumbing supply house versus large box stores.

I think there is only maybe 2 companies that actually make tank style heaters anymore. hey simply come down the line and they slap whatever paint color and badge on them they need. Same with furnaces. I have a Heil branded HVAC system but it's the same as Carrier, Bryant, and a whole bunch of other names. Where things change is if you want to go tankless. There are compelling reasons to do so. I watched when I put mine in back in 2005. And at the time a 50 gal mid efficiency tank unit was running in the $550 range. Whereas my tankless unit was just shy of $1000. But at the time. I had 3 teenage girls in my home (I don't have to explain any further). Due to the water quality here, tank units only lasted about 6 years. So wife and I thought it was worth a shot. Well in 2 years it paid for itself in gas use alone. Not to mention no more arguments (peace and quiet) of one girl blaming the other for the hot water being gone. Plus the rest of the day I wasn't paying the gas company to keep a 50 gal tea kettle hot. Was easy to install (though I did have to run a larger gas line to it not so bad though) because the old unit had a 50k btu burner and this has a 199,900 btu burner (though it does modulate) and to date I have never been able to out run it. And another benefit is the size. About as big as a carry one bag. Not much heavier either. Simply hang it on the wall.

We paid rather more than $1,000 (okay, a LOT more,) for our tankless. Contractor recommended a big Rheem. The heater itself has been pretty good. Installation issues have been an issue (ducting, finally sorted out, I think,) and one call to Rheem customer service got me to call Rheem back the following morning and suggest rather strongly that they listen to the recording of my conversation the previous night, and give some serious consideration to retraining some first line agents.

Time will tell if it pays off. Unlimited hot water is nice, but it does seem to be taking a bit longer to "wake up" and deliver. I should sit down with the manual and see if there's something that got reset during all of the ducting shenanigans.

Propane or Nat gas?

Natural gas.
I see that B.White is indeed still in existing so, I have a neighbor that works for Ferguson so, I might get a little break if she can swing it. This will be replacing a State that was here when we bought the place 32 years ago, replaced the thermostat once probably fifteen years ago. Right now, it’s cart before the horse so, I’ll just relax for the moment.
Thanks guys!

Back