Best dishwasher under $1,000.00

I’m in for about $1,200 right now in hardware, installation will be on top of that! I feel like I’m just really bleeding money!

Yea I just installed one. The electric hook ups are different, most dishwashers are hardwired, bosch uses a plug if you don't want to install a outlet. Buy the adapter and if you don't need it return it.

Yeah, I had to rewire and replumb. Pretty easy though. I also added a GFI 20amp breaker to the circuit.

My whip came up from the floor/crawlspace. It's Greenfield. Instead of cutting a hole in the wall and rerouting the cable up thru the sole plate and installing a outlet I bought one of these.
One of my Son's is a sparky and he gave me the thumbs up to buy.
For the price it was a no brainer.

Electrician is installing two boxes, one for the softener and one for the dishwasher, he will need to add a breaker to the system as well, the old box is full! Glad I like my tradesmen! The electrician is a hoot, he bought my old Jeep, has become a friend as much as someone I call for something I’m not qualified (nor interested in learning) for.
And the plumber is a guy I’ve had in the Rolodex for years!

Electrician is installing two boxes, one for the softener and one for the dishwasher, he will need to add a breaker to the system as well, the old box is full! Glad I like my tradesmen! The electrician is a hoot, he bought my old Jeep, has become a friend as much as someone I call for something I’m not qualified (nor interested in learning) for.
And the plumber is a guy I’ve had in the Rolodex for years!
Go ask any kid today what a Rolodex is. I’m sure you’ll confuse the heck out of them explaining it.

It may not be in your price range any more but I bought a Miele two years ago. I love it. Quiet. powerful and energy efficient. The glasses and dishes come out sparkling and shining. The dishwasher uses salt to soften the water. Not sure if that is why everything comes out so wonderfully clean but I was never able to get results like this before.
Since the crazy tariffs on metal and imported good went into effect, prices for appliances have gone up a lot. For a while appliances were hard to get and there were long waits. The availability has gotten better recently but the prices remain high. The machine I paid $1,100 for is now $1,700. Ouch!

Yeah, or a shoe tree!
A Rolodex is pretty dated, but nothing has replaced the shoe tree. If you wear nice leather dress shoes and don't use shoe trees, they will eventually take a permanent wrinkle and crease across the vamp where the shoe flexes. This can only be repaired by restretching the upper on a suitable last.

Well, I picked up the softener Monday, electrician is here now installing the two new receptacles and tweaking the coax on the TV. Had to pull the old counter away for the moment. Easier access for the receptacle installation. I try to make things as small a headache for my tradesmen as I possibly can. If I can get crap out of the way and let them be finished sooner, I’m darned sure going to do it.
As soon as the dishwasher gets here, I’ll set up the plumber visit! Half a day is what they are planning, I am not sure if it will be that long or not. Better to be prepared, I suppose.

Thanks, most of the wiring is done, needed a different breaker and the guys work truck is in the shop so, he was trying to plan ahead and missed on the breaker design he had a fifty fifty chance, no harm, no foul. Proper breaker was out at the shop too so, that should happen an a day or two. Softener is down and ready to go in, not running soft water to the outside faucets, no need. The rest of the house will be softened. Old cabinet will be converted to a wine desk and barware storage facility and down in the basement, the top will be made up of old corks and a bamboo wine rack. Casters arrived this afternoon so, I’ll move that down and finish it off when the new cabinet gets here maybe in a week?

Thanks, most of the wiring is done, needed a different breaker and the guys work truck is in the shop so, he was trying to plan ahead and missed on the breaker design he had a fifty fifty chance, no harm, no foul. Proper breaker was out at the shop too so, that should happen an a day or two. Softener is down and ready to go in, not running soft water to the outside faucets, no need. The rest of the house will be softened. Old cabinet will be converted to a wine desk and barware storage facility and down in the basement, the top will be made up of old corks and a bamboo wine rack. Casters arrived this afternoon so, I’ll move that down and finish it off when the new cabinet gets here maybe in a week?

blah blah blah Wine Desk

sounds more interesting than the DW.

Will you be studying wine? tell me more.

FWIW I have one bib outside with soft water. I use it when I want to wash the cars
I should have hooked up my water softener that way when I lived out in Belvidere. The water in that area is incredibly hard, which I didn't realize until I was watering in my lawn and water splashed on the windows. The mineral stains left behind were so bad that you couldn't see out of the windows and were not easily removed. The house I live in now I removed the water softener from as we are now on Lake Michigan water. I don't miss lugging those bags of salt down to the basement, that's for sure.

I should have hooked up my water softener that way when I lived out in Belvidere. The water in that area is incredibly hard, which I didn't realize until I was watering in my lawn and water splashed on the windows. The mineral stains left behind were so bad that you couldn't see out of the windows and were not easily removed. The house I live in now I removed the water softener from as we are now on Lake Michigan water. I don't miss lugging those bags of salt down to the basement, that's for sure.
Back in the day out in the NW Burbs (like where my dad lives in Arlington Hts) they were all well water. Hard as nails. Belvidere like my area taps into the Kishwaukee Aquifer and while it is excellent water it's hard as pea gravel.

Back