Besides Weber, what other brands are you a fanboy/girl of?

Scott Smith

TVWBB Pro
What are your other favorite brands? What else do you find parts for to keep running? What else do you pick up from the curb? What do you get excited about when you find one second hand? What else do you carefully repaint the logo on? What do you restore and proudly display on your deck or elsewhere?

For me, it's old Craftsman tools, Lionel trains, and then Danner/Red Wing/Allen Edmonds shoes and boots kind of tied in third.

I've got better working tools, but there is something about the Craftsman history that generally makes these my go-to.

As far as the trains, everything else is a knockoff.

The made in the USA shoes can all go back to the factories they were made in for restoration when they need it. Something about sending a shoe "home" when it needs attention appeals to me.

Fairbanks scales. This one's my "baby". It's a No_8 model and most likely dates back to the 1860's. It weighs around 350 pounds itself and can weigh objects up to 2000 pounds. I still need to do a little more painting and then I should get some pin striping and lettering done.

Attachments

• IMG_20220211_144744109.jpg
    IMG_20220211_144744109.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 13
Robert Morton (manufactured in Van Nuys, California during the first part of last century....)
Kenwood (transceivers...)
Piper and Cessna also...

Guild, Martin, Gibson acoustic guitars, fine mandolins, well designed furniture, beautiful cabinetry, Case pocketknives, and today, apparently Chex party mix!

Back