Belated Thanksgiving Turkey

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving with plenty of great food and good times. Per family tradition, my family celebrated Thanksgiving at the home of my wife's uncle, and then we came home on Friday to have our own belated "2nd Thanksgiving" at our house. I sure have enjoyed viewing the photos my fellow forum members have posted of all their delicious looking turkeys. Here are some pictures of my Thanksgiving bird (sorry for having no action shots, as I was too busy juggling the turkey cook with making side dishes and gravy).

This was a Standard Bronze heritage breed turkey weighing about 11 lbs. I cooked it on the Performer with the Cajun Bandit stacker attachment, using lump charcoal as the fuel and applewood chunks for smoke. The applewood imparted a nice color to the skin and yielded a pleasant mild smokiness.

Here are the plated photos. Served the turkey as a combination of sliced and pulled.

Ding ding ding....We have a winner!!! Beautiful spatchcock Turkey Jerome, and nicely sliced up too

Very nice! Great color and evenly cooked. Good carving too. That, I am certain, looked good on the table.

Back