Belated Prime Rib Christmas Dinner

Thank you all for the kind comments. I appreciate them all! Happy New Year!

Great looking meal! What recipe did you use for your scallop potatoes?

WB... Used an old recipe I've had for a long time.

4 cups sliced potatoes
Couple of tablespoons of chopped onion. (I use yellow)
Original recipe called for a cup of chopped ham (I usually omit this item. Just a personal preference, although I love ham... go figure)
Salt and pepper to taste.
2 cups of white sauce

I layer the potatoes three times, with chopped onion and ham (if included)and one third of the white sauce between each layer. Cook on indirect for about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Fantastic looking meal!!!!

I used to use Pyrex on the grill all of the time but have stopped, have been around 4 Pyrex dishes that "exploded", 3 of the 4 were in grills. Luckily the lid was on all of them so I don't know if they explode, implode or what they do. I do know it is fairly loud and there are a bazillion little pieces of glass all over to clean up. Not trying to scare you or anything like that just sharing some of my experiences with Pyrex.

That is some fine looking roast Cliff. The whole meal looks wonderful. Another cook knocked out of the park.

Fantastic looking meal!!!!

Not trying to scare you or anything like that just sharing some of my experiences with Pyrex.

Thanks for the feedback John. Really appreciate your comments. I was a little nervous this cook by doing the green bean casserole on my Jumbo Joe as it's only an 18 inch grill. The sides of this 1 1/2 qt. bowl were pretty much right on the edge of the coal beds on either side, more like a direct cook in those areas. Lucked out though. It's funny, I've been grilling with Pyrex for over 25 years, usually always side dishes and always on one of my 22" grills and never once had a problem. I recently purchased a Lodge 1qt and a Lodge 2qt Dutch Ovens and will probably transition over to them for some of these cooks. Sure like the Pyrex though as it makes for better pictures. Thanks again John.

Back