Beer.

Hit the total wine today to pick up my spring bourbon lottery win. Snagged a sixer of Waldos'. 11.7%, I think I'll just have one. Oh, and a photo of my latest acquisition. Again, swing by if you're ever in the area for a taste. IMG20240420173615.jpgIMG20240420173632.jpg

Happy Friday, everyone! :)

Made a Friday outing to White Labs Brewing which specializes and provides yeast strains to brewers such as Ballast Point and others.
white-labs.jpg

Got a sampler flight of four and ordered some of their very tasty slider burgers.
white-flight.jpg

Left to Right:
Triple Hop Hazy IPA: London Fog Yeast 6.8%ABV
Triple Hop Hazy IPA: Vermont Yeast 7.3%ABV
Hoppy Lager Australian Yeast 5.0%ABV
Helles Lager Dry Munich Yeast 4.8%ABV

Our favorite was the Triple Hop Vermont

I did not know that White Labs had their own brewery & taproom. I do know that they're quite well regarded for their yeast strains.
I've been in San Diego for a long time and it was only a couple of years ago that I 'discovered' their brewery/taproom.

Here's the White Labs brew list from yesterday - they rotate the selections - not sure how frequently but every couple of months when we go back the choices are different.
wl-list.jpg

As explained to me, the pairs represent that everything is the same between the two beers except the yeast. Makes for interesting taste comparisons.

A very nice sunny Sunday afternoon here in SoCal - enjoying a quiet day on the patio with some Mason Aleworks West Coast IPA
mason-ipa.jpg

The sun finally decided to pop out from the gray clouds - enjoying some music and cold beer.

Brewery X (Anaheim CA) - Slap and Tickle West Coast IPA
tickle-ipa.jpg

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Breezy but sunny here - quite nice. Enjoying a peaceful afternoon at home.

Carlsbad Brewing - Famosa Raceway IPA
carlsbad.jpg

Another local brewery to visit - Viewpoint Brewery in Del Mar, CA

Coastal cool indoor/outdoor setup and vibe. Good selection of beers and food.
viewpoint-1.jpg

A view outside of the San Dieguito Lagoon right next to the Del Mar Racetrack.
viewpoint-2.jpg

A tall glass of the Penitent Man IPA - classic west coast IPA.
viewpoint-3.jpg

Happy Thursday, everyone! (y)

Starting the weekend festivities early - made a nice outing to Cabrillo Nat'l Monument in San Diego, then a drive down into Ocean Beach to quench the thirst at OB Brewery.
OB1.jpg

Small tasting room, but spacious vertically up 3 floors with a game room and an open air roof top view of the Pacific on a sunny day.
OB2.jpg

Guest Tap IPA Altamont Brewing "Dripping In Green" on the Left / OB Brewing "Hop On Board" IPA on the Right
OB3.jpg

Went on a nice walk around Mission Bay/San Diego, then zipped over to Coronado Brewing in the Morena area.

Brewing on site, good selection of beers on tap with pub grub.
coronado-1.jpg

coronado-2.jpg

Palm Sway Hazy IPA (left) / Weekend Vibes IPA (right)
coronado-3.jpg

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Sunny and warm here in SoCal.

Enjoying a beer haul home I made while driving the Oregon Coast the other week.

We started in Astoria, and visited 3 breweries there: Astoria Brewing, Ft. George, and Buoy.

Ft George Brewing - Field of Green Hazy IPA
ftgeorge-green.jpg

The brewery is in an older brick building with an upstairs/downstairs restaurant split and tasting rooms (downstairs pubgrub, upstairs pizza) -we chose upstairs for the pizza ;)
Ft-George-Upstairs.jpg

What a great thread... I've been working too much & traveling a lot so not as active as I once was. I'm on a mission to try as many old-school lagers and pilsners everywhere I go. I got to try a couple of Ranier's while in Seattle this week. Didn't get a pic of my own so I'll use this one to illustrate my point. Not my favorite beer for sure, but served ice cold, what's not to like? It reminded me a lot of Coors Light. I'll probably try to score a Hamms when I'm up in Minnesota in a few weeks, and definitely Lone Star next time I'm in TX.

1719089765734.png

Hamm's is no longer "The Beer of Sky Blue Waters". IIRC it's either owned by Anheiser Busch or Miller brewing

Last edited:
What a great thread... I've been working too much & traveling a lot so not as active as I once was. I'm on a mission to try as many old-school lagers and pilsners everywhere I go. I got to try a couple of Ranier's while in Seattle this week. Didn't get a pic of my own so I'll use this one to illustrate my point. Not my favorite beer for sure, but served ice cold, what's not to like? It reminded me a lot of Coors Light. I'll probably try to score a Hamms when I'm up in Minnesota in a few weeks, and definitely Lone Star next time I'm in TX.

View attachment 93980
And, it's the ONLY beer that Sheriff Longmire drinks!;)
longmire.PNG

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I got this beer up in Brookings, Oregon on a coastal road trip - Misty Mountain Brewing's Elven IPA
MMB-1.jpg

I simply had to visit the brewery - located in downtown Brookings in the basement of one of the business buildings.
MMB-4.jpg

Lot's of Middle-earth decorations and artwork - nice mural of Rivendell
MMB-3.jpg

Good food, good beer, good ambience - fun time.

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Sunny, hot, watching The Music Man, prepping for dinner with family and friends later - a perfect afternoon.

Enjoying a Crowler of Daybreak IPA from Gravity Heights Brewing I picked up yesterday.
GH-Daybreak.jpg

Have a great 4th!

Back