Beer Brat's

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
I've been cooking, just haven't been taking pictures. This has mostly been due to the cast on my left foot. Surgery on my foot, broken navicular bone. It has been in a cast for almost 6 months. If the CT scan looks good it should be coming off next week. I am so looking forward to being out of a cast. Anyway, lets get to the brat's. I have never cooked them this way. After tasting them I will never cook them any other way.

The ingredients.

Ready to go.

On the Performer.

I added some chopped jalapeno towards the end of the beer bath.

Out of the bath for a little searing.

Just about ready.

I stirred some sauerkraut into the mixture right at the end. Here is the plated shot.

These were really good. I will be making these again in the near future. Thanks for looking.:cool:

Yep, after the first time I used that technique for “stock” brats, that’s the route to go! There is a small sausage maker down the street that does some amazing sausages, I tend to do those slow and finish with a sear!

That's what I'm talking about...!!! Love the bath soak/sear/soak again method and jalapenos were a very nice addition. Fantastic pics and documentation of the cook. Coarse ground mustard, toasted roll and a cold porter to top it off?! Very nice.

You knocked this one out of the park, Pat.

P.S. Good luck with the foot.

We love beer brats and that's our preferred method of cooking them too. They look outstanding. I remember you saying you had a broken leg a while back, but didn't realize it was anything like you described now. You've got a log road with physical therapy ahead of you to rebuild the atrophied muscles in your leg. Went through a similar ordeal several years ago that landed me in the hospital for a month and then another month a year later for two more surgeries. Good luck with that Pat and keep squeezing in those cooks!

Pat, those brats look delicious, going to have to give that a try. Hope your cast gets off real soon.

Back