Beef back ribs and chuck short ribs

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

I cooked some beef back ribs and some chuck short ribs this weekend.

Trimming up the short ribs. They came sliced so I figured I'd give Enrico's method a shot.

Tried some different rubs. My local butcher is carrying this stuff now. I did 2 bones with Kosmos Q Cow Cover and 2 with Dirty Bird. I've lost track of which bones had which. They were both good.

I also cooked up some beef back ribs. These were prime. I used cow cover on them. I was super careful to take off any membrane. That stuff just turns to shoe leather.

Seasoned up. You can see some Christmas treats off to the side. It's impossible to take a picture in my house right now without toddler or Christmas stuff in the background.

Cooked on kbb with pecan chunks at 275. This are as the chuck ribs were finishing.

Finished back ribs.

Finished chuck ribs.

Sliced back ribs. I didn't get a good sliced pic of the short ribs but both turned out excellently. The back ribs were slightly better just due to the quality of the meat. The chuck ribs cooked much faster sliced which was a pro. The con was that I didn't get a sliced pic and I had to worry about the tenderness of more pieces of meat.

Dustin
All those bones look sooooo gud!
Im still looking for right cooking time at 275F for short plate ribs normally thick.
5 hours turn them dry
4 hours turn them auper juicy (to heavy to digest for me)
Next time I'll go for 4:30 hours.

Back