beef AND babyback ribs

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
thought of two racks of babybacks yesterday, changed my mind today when my order of huge beef back ribs came in. so i did a rack of each.
DSCN9123.JPG

penzey's chicago steak seasoning and fresh ground pepper covered the beef ribs and BBQ3000 and Galena Street rubbed the pork ribs.
DSCN9127.JPG

both racks wrapped in saran until an hour before the hit the stage. fired up the WSM with Kingsford purchased from Home Depot.
DSCN9130.JPG

pecan wood was used for today's smoke. got the racks on the rack about 230pm central time. cooked at 250º nearly the entire cook.
DSCN9128.JPG

about three hours later, i added two large idaho potatoes to the WSM.
DSCN9139.JPG

and another hour later, the ribs are lookin' (and feelin') done.
DSCN9140.JPG

DSCN9141.JPG

got out the Rufus Teague sauce to glaze the baby backs.
DSCN9144.JPG

they stayed on the smoker for about twenty more minutes. then removed to rest about the same amounta time. then sliced.
DSCN9147.JPG

DSCN9148.JPG

and served.
DSCN9150.JPG

with smoked/baked/grilled idaho potatoes.
DSCN9151.JPG

and sautéed baby carrots and mini sweet peppers.
DSCN9155.JPG

YeaH! beef ribs really only need salt & pepper... they're GGGggreat!
and the baby backs with BBQ3000 & the Galena Street, it's Magical!

thanks for visiting, hope your weekend is Magical!
icon_wink.gif

Nice nice! Those ribs look super! I had no such luck at my home depot! I was hoping to stock up today as well but still in a holding pattern!

Great looking meal!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike David P:
Lord Have Mercy! Perfection! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Mike said! The master does it once again! Wish I could find beef ribs that large down here! Hoping our home depot has charcoal on sale today, since I am headed that way!

Jim you are the man!
Nice job. Are those beef ribs also from Harry's?
They sure are meaty.
Thanks for sharing all your BBQ's with us.
Chuck.

Magical I guess!
The ribs are multiplying on your plate
icon_eek.gif

What a way to re-fuel after totin' all that coal Jim!
and leave it to you to do beef and pork ribs together, all at once, side by side, and with each other too!

Beautiful!!

Great looking beef and babyback ribs Jim! I've never had beef ribs, but after seeing your pics, I gotta see if I can find a decent rack and givum a shot.

thank you for your kind comments
icon_smile.gif
Greatly appreciated!
Chuck, the beef ribs were ordered from Sendik's, the baby backs were from Harry Hansen's...
and if I had to guess who would notice the extra rib on the plate, my guess would have been BOB!
icon_razz.gif

nothing gets by Bob!
Thanks again guys!

Back