BBQ reduction act

Mark Foreman

TVWBB All-Star
the time has come....

i have lbs and lbs of charcoal and six assorted smokers. I plan to sell 3 smokers, get rid of 20 plus lbs of wood chunks/chips, then just get back to simple stuff.
i just want to downsize cause it’s my wife and me. I bought a 22.5 WSM because we did a lot of entertaining but that’s kind off gone by the wayside (Last kid moved out).
I plan to sell the WSM 14 And 22 and the Chargriller Outlaw, keep the Smokin-it 3 (awesome electric smoker!) and pick up a WSN 18 (may keep the 14).

at 66, semi retired, it time to down size.

Kinda of hurts but needs to happen. Kitchen stuff next.....and I have a mountain of that stuuf from being a student of the cooking game for more than 45 years.

Sad but need to do it......

Mark

Last edited:
Wish you were closer I could maybe sneak one or two bbqs in the secret elephant burial grounds. Good luck and I am sure you will still make great food

I hear you Mark, Barb and I are doing the same thing. Going from 10 Weber's down to three maybe four.
Already sold my 18.5 WSM and cart and three gassers. Will be keeping my performer, my 1998 Genesis 2000 I bought new in 98. , Our NG E320 our out side summer oven.. We have to have a gasser because of fire restrictions in the summer which bans the use of charcoal.
Since I got my Camp Chef pellet grill I've found out how easy smoking can be, truly set and forget.
At 72 the time has come to down size and get rid of all the things that just don't get used that much anymore.
It was fun but also a lot of maintenance time that I can put to better use.

Last edited:
Exactly. Not in a great hurry. Wife accused me of being a kitchen hoarder (Not just barbecues). Over the years I have gotten new toys without getting rid if old toys. i still have my Chargriller Outlaw Which was replaced with a performer.
You should see my kitchen tools ... more of the same.

Whooow. When I first read the title of this post, I mistakenly thought our dysfunctional Congress was considering limiting BBQ in some fashion. Pleased to read on and learn this thread did not involve the Feds.

Whooow. When I first read the title of this post, I mistakenly thought our dysfunctional Congress was considering limiting BBQ in some fashion. Pleased to read on and learn this thread did not involve the Feds.
Totally thought the same thing!

Don’t give those dopes any ideas.

Back