BBQ/Grilling Cookbooks

I asked DH to randomly pick a number, this may not be a grilling cookbook, but it is what I will be working on for quite a while, it's a big one.

"The Best Recipes in the World" Mark Bittman - 2005. It has 710 pages of recipes and 46 pages of Index.:eek:
I love that book! I've also got his "How to Cook Everything" and "How to Cook Everything Fast"

Finally!!!!! A GRILLING COOKBOOK!!!!!! :giggle:

It is "GRILL IT" by Chris Schlesinger & John Willoughby- 2008.

The last time I used this book, I had 4 recipes marked to copy. Will be checking them out. Back to you later. ;)
Those guys rock! I have one of theirs...forget the title but excellent stuff. Hang on...I'll post a pic in a minute.

Here's most of my collection, Joan. Not tons, but nearly every one is a keeper. Thanks for inspiring me to inventory them!

Please disregard the hole in the corner...work in progress.

20230903_143446.jpg

Hi Tim, thanks for all the "likes" and the picture of your collection. It's hard for me to make out some of the titles. What method are you using? Do you sort yours alphabetically by author?

Posted this on another thread.

"Brett, the book I am going to use today is "1,001 Low-Fat Recipes". Thanks to you mentioning soup, I went to the index to check their soups. Oh my goodness, there are 62 low fat soup recipes. I will type some up (if you want) if you tell me what kind of soups you like."

This is the cookbook I am using now. No, it's not a BBQ cookbook, but one that does have a lot of good recipes,(and a grilling section). Like this one we had the other night. which IS a BBQ recipe, submitted by Mrs. Thomas Buis.

Barbecued Pork Chops

4 thick center-cut loin pork chops, 1 1/2 lbs.
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup steak sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 TB. brown sugar

Place chops in a glass casserole. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chops. Cover and refrigerate. Marinate overnight, turning several times. Grill over medium coals and baste occasionally with the marinade.

Source: "Eet Smakelijk - Junior Welfare League of Holland, Michigan

Last edited:
Neither one of us was very hungry tonight so we thought this would be a good night for this. Boy, were we surprised when it turned out to be very filling and it was also very good!!!! Of course DH cut it back to just 2 sandwiches. Submitted by Mrs. Douglas Neckers

Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

1/2 lb. ham, cubed
1/2 lb. sharp cheese, cubed
1/3 cup green onion, sliced
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 stuffed olives, sliced
3-4 TB. mayonnaise
1/2 cup chili sauce
12 hamburger or hot dog buns, split

Combine all ingredients except buns. Fill each bun with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil. Place on grill 10 min. or in 400F oven for 15 mins. Makes 12 sandwiches

Source: "Eet Smakelijk - Junior Welfare League of Holland, Michigan

I randomly picked a cookbook to use today. The WINNER is"Esquire Eat Like A Man-The only cookbook a man will ever need".
Well, we shall see.

I could only find 1 grilling recipe and not interested in it, at this time, so on to another cookbook.

Last edited:
"Hey guys, the cookbook I was going to post and use today is "The New Gas Grill Gourmet" by A. Cort Sinnes-1996,2005. Should I toss it"

I posted this on another thread but didn't receive any reply's. Soo, thought I would try here.

"Hey guys, the cookbook I was going to post and use today is "The New Gas Grill Gourmet" by A. Cort Sinnes-1996,2005. Should I toss it"

I posted this on another thread but didn't receive any reply's. Soo, thought I would try here.
Give it a go.

Joan, do you have any James Beard cookbooks? I know he wrote several BBQ/outdoor cooking books, but I've never actually seen one.

He was a native Oregonian; he spent a lot of time teaching here and championed Northwest ingredients/cuisine, but oddly his books are hard to come by in these parts.

Joan, do you have any James Beard cookbooks? I know he wrote several BBQ/outdoor cooking books, but I've never actually seen one.

He was a native Oregonian; he spent a lot of time teaching here and championed Northwest ingredients/cuisine, but oddly his books are hard to come by in these parts.
Grant, I have 2. "The Complete Book of Outdoor Cookery" and "Beard on Food".

Well, in a random drawing, I wound up with Bobby Flay's "Boy Meets Grill" cookbook to work on, AGAIN!!! Let's see what I can find this time. 😋

Back