BBQ/Grilling Cookbooks

...and 17 pages of "Introduction" and I am reading EVERY SINGLE WORD!!!!!!

and loving every minute of it. I can't believe I bought this book over 13 years ago and just now getting around to reading it. Can't wait to see what his recipes are. Anybody else have any of Mark Bittmans cookbooks?

I skipped ahead to the chicken recipes for last nights dinner, "Chicken With Vinegar"' (from France). Then I put the book back and went on to the next book.

which is,

Wok Fast

by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sanders-2002

Back later with some goodies (I hope lol)

That's OK Rich!!

Maybe ,one of these days, you will find out what you have been missing. 🥹 🥰

(pssstt, Rich, any other bad habits? ☺️ (that you can tell us) lol

I guess I am just not HOT enough for you!!! Of course I mean my recipes. ☺️

Last edited:
which is,

Wok Fast

by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sanders-2002

Back later with some goodies (I hope lol)
Well, I found 5 marinade and 4 sauce recipes to keep, and that was all. The book is going in the FOR SALE box. :cry:

Darn, the next cookbook picked to use says inside that I have already copied what I wanted out of it, "Killer Ribs" by Nancy Davidson. On to the next one.

Which is a good one!! "Boy Meets Grill" by Bobby Flay. In the preface, he says, "Grilling is a universal word that means something to everyone.
Grilling means good times, good friends and hopefully, great food."

Well, here's hoping I can find some great food recipes in this book to pass on to you all ;)

Which is a good one!! "Boy Meets Grill" by Bobby Flay. In the preface, he says, "Grilling is a universal word that means something to everyone.
Grilling means good times, good friends and hopefully, great food."

Well, here's hoping I can find some great food recipes in this book to pass on to you all ;)
I've got that one, too.
PXL_20230831_173704938.jpg

I received it as a gift many, many years ago. I wish I could help you by saying which recipes I liked, but I don't think I've cracked it open since we moved 4 years ago.

Steve, I have a sticky inside the cover dated 5-21-13 that says the regular price for it was $32.50 and it says I paid .01 cent plus $3.99 S&H from Amazon and I don't think I have looked at it since. Maybe we both might find some good eats in it. ;)

OK, copied out a few shrimp recipes from Flay's cookbook and moving on to the next random selection. It is soo heavy that I can hardly lift it. It is
"The Galloping Gourmet" by Graham Kerr - 1978. Nice big hard cover edition. Love the dedication. It says "To my children, Tessa, Andrew
and Kareena, with apologies for all those times I had to say, "Sorry-not now. I'm busy.

The next book was "Nuevo Cubano" by Sue Mullin-2003. I copied a few recipes out of it, but the only one I am going to post is "No-Cook Mojito" which I will post on the sauce thread.

Finally!!!!! A GRILLING COOKBOOK!!!!!! :giggle:

It is "GRILL IT" by Chris Schlesinger & John Willoughby- 2008.

The last time I used this book, I had 4 recipes marked to copy. Will be checking them out. Back to you later. ;)

Back